Brake pedal switch?

Tstaff1

Reaction score
Hi folks,

On the way home visiting friends tonight, I had a guy behind me flashing his lights. After 5 mins or so I pulled over to see what the guy was flashing for. He said my central brake light was constantly on. 2 mins after, the glow plug warning light comes on. I pulled over, turned off the engine for a think! Started the engine with no loss of power, no rough running so I drove back home for an investigation. Had a quick look at the fuses, fine, then mucking about with the lights before I looked on here. I've seen people have had this fault before with the brake lights coming up and ecu warning flashing. Could it be the same problem, ie the brake pedal switch? Anything else?

Cheers

quick easy fix
new switch

When you fit the new switch contrary to several sources on the net do not depress the pedal, but make sure the switch clicks when you twist it into position, if it doesn't click it wont work. The switch is supplied in the locked position & the click is the lock disengaging.
I had to replace both the brake & clutch switches on my A4 within a month or so of each other last Spring, easy job.