Flashing alarm LED on door cards (Should they both work)

leegsi

Reaction score
Just noticed that only the drivers door alarm led on the door card works.

Should the one on the passenger side work too?

There is not one to my knowledge....well there is not one in my sport

As above, there's only one on the drivers door as far as I'm aware. Iy may look like there's one on the passenger side, but don't think it's an led.

theres one each side on the cab

My 2003 S4 has one on both driver and passenger door.
Strange - neither the 2003 S4 Avant nor 2004 S4 Avant I've owned had one on the drivers side, and neither did the 2004 TDi 130 Sport Avant (and neither does my 2006 RS4 Avant) - all only had/have an LED on the drivers side.

Sounds like its pot luck if you get both lol

certainly is, my previous 2 A4's had only one LED in the drivers door. My brother-in-law has a 2003 A6 and he has one in the drivers door only too.

I wondered if its a left over from mainland Europe where they are fitted to drivers door which would be on the left. The loom would support left or right hand drive and because of that support 2 and in the factory 2 may get fitted by mistake, hard to believe the Germans would make a mistake though.

I do recall my S3 having one in both doors but my B6 only has the drivers side.......mod time :)

Yeah wonder how easy to retro fit one to the passenger side too

Why new door card?

Its just a hole with an insert by the look of it

It looked moulded in to me, but maybe it's an insert. Wouldn't be as bad if it was an insert, you're right.

My A6 has one each side :whistle2:

Makes me happier than it has any right to....

Reactions: BRILLO