CD Changer and CD-Rs?

Chrismawa

Reaction score
I'm trying to play some CD-Rs I've burned in my Avant that has a 6CD changer in the dash but its just coming up with 'CD ERROR'...

Surely a 2002 car can play CD-R discs??

It should be able too. What make are the discs?

I used asda discs once and they were such poor quality that they were slightly more transparent then ordinary discs. This caused a read error on my A3 8P. All other cd-r discs worked fine

Works fine for me, make sure it was writ as a CD disc rather than an mp3 disc (if you have 40+ tracks chances are it was saved in the mp3 format which the car can't read).

CD-Rs should work fine as noted above. I cannot get CD-RWs to work at all though. Anyone else have similar problems? I have the Symphony II

I had a few issues with mine when trying to play CD-R's (yes they were CDA format).

I just purchased a used Symphony 2+ from a B7 A4 (my head-units dated 2008) - which was a direct fit with the aid of a Kufatec loom adaptor.
Now I can load up with 6 MP3 CD's, experience better sound quality and get rid of the tape-deck which makes the car feel old.
Cost me £125 last year - never looked back!

I had a few issues with mine when trying to play CD-R's (yes they were CDA format).

I just purchased a used Symphony 2+ from a B7 A4 (my head-units dated 2008) - which was a direct fit with the aid of a Kufatec loom adaptor.
Now I can load up with 6 MP3 CD's, experience better sound quality and get rid of the tape-deck which makes the car feel old.
Cost me £125 last year - never looked back!

How much better is the sound quality? I was looking at these earlier but I can't seem to find any for a low enough price.

How much better is the sound quality? I was looking at these earlier but I can't seem to find any for a low enough price.
Be aware also that the Symphony II+ uses a different antenna diversity system to the Symphony II so your radio reception will be worse (but not noticeable if you only drive in areas where the signal is strong) and you will get an antenna fault code stored.