Retro fitting a sunroof

Anito

Reaction score
Hello All,

Just before Christmas I bought my wife a B6 Avant S-line, lovely car.

The only thing it doesn't have is a sunroof so I'm asking if anyone has had this done?

I'm only interested if its the same as a factory fit or someting very close. I certainly do now want to spoil a vey nice car.

[ QUOTE ]
I certainly do not want to spoil a vey nice car.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's why I didn't tick the sunroof box when I ordered mine!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

IIRC the 'basic' sunroof was £700ish for the A4 - To retro fit one would be a nightmare (if it was possible) and you could probably double or treble that price I would imagine...........

BUB /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

sunroof and climate are a must for me...
Nothing better than having the sun on your face on a nice morning; climate keeps the dampness or condensation away.
Solar sunroof is even better.
850 well spent...

Only retrofit of factory sunroof I have ever seen was where the roof was cut off (an old 80) and welded on the new car in place of the non sunroof. It was a great job and more of a showcase but not for the fainthearted.
Friend of mine has fitted a factory sunroof in his mk golf GTi by cutting out and welding in the replacement.

sunroom and climate was a must for me too. Climate to keep cool, and the roof to let in the extra light.

its a massive job, i hope you can weld and spray,
the mechanism that holds the sunroof in is welded in, therfore to retro fit it you would neet to weld it in to, which if done properly will wreck the paint on the roof, requiring the whole roof to be re painted.

i did this once on a mk3 cavalier turbo it took 3 days in total, and with the respray cost just a shade over £900. (and that was nearly 8 years ago)

I've canned the idea based in cost. If it was going to happen it would only been with a 'just like the factory' finish and the prices coming in from VAG parts were steep.

I have a sunroof in my S4 and the wife had one one her car previously. It is so nice to get fresh air into the car sometime.

Thanks all.