any v6 tdi gurus know what this does

David280585

Reaction score
on the stainless link pipe between my egr valve and inlet 2.5tdi a4 163,
the square shaped tube has had somehing like 2 pipes underneath looking like it has been to a expansion box but it has been cut off previouly to ownership,

ive had it off and it has been leaking egr gases into the engine bay,

now ive took it and had the holes welded up anyone care to tell me wht it did and if it should be ok

It's the egr valve which is water cooled...if it's been blocked and it does not leak/turn the dash lights on then i would leave it alone ! Seen a few v6 BDG an BDH engine codes with bent rods due to faulty EGR valve...

It's the egr valve which is water cooled...if it's been blocked and it does not leak/turn the dash lights on then i would leave it alone ! Seen a few v6 BDG an BDH engine codes with bent rods due to faulty EGR valve...

cheers for that,since welding the holes where its been cut the car has been mega smooth compared to how it ever was,
really happy with the car, also sometime next year im after the belts replacing if your interested in doing it and a general health checkover the car as i plan on keeping it a few more years

No problem mate, drop me a pm a few days before and i will make time for you ! Glad you decided to keep the old girl, they put a nice smile on your face when they go well ! I have a b6 s4 that does not give me as much frills as my tuned v6 tdi !

No problem mate, drop me a pm a few days before and i will make time for you ! Glad you decided to keep the old girl, they put a nice smile on your face when they go well ! I have a b6 s4 that does not give me as much frills as my tuned v6 tdi !

after the bdg **** itself and the ake was fitted,ive knocked its head in regulary and it doesnt skip a beat lol bar a cv vibration from 40-75