Brake Bleeding Help Please

Ian2012

Reaction score
I have had a really frustrating afternoon getting wet trying to bleed the brakes on the A4, basically a week ago i changed all 4 sets of pads (discs were fine to again) ever since then the brakes have felt spongy, and a usually a pump of the pedal gives me a better non spongy feel.

Well my gunson's eezibleed decided it didn't want to play ball so i just used the old way of pumping of the pedal, got the front's done albeit the drivers side seemed to have tons of bubbles in the line but eventually bled ok, i don't think i ran the reservoir dry?

I have had 2 attempts at the front and still have a really horrid pedal.

The rears, well one of the nipples was pretty seized and i thought it hadn't moved much however with all the pedal pushing etc i find it weeping fluid and have now nipped it back up, could this draw air into the system?

So what are my options for getting the brakes back to where they should be? Buy another eezibleed? I am a bit stumped as i have never had this problem before after changing pads or bleeding brakes.

Thanks

where did you start and end ?

Front right first, then right rear (which was the seized nipple) then left front i have yet to even try the left rear as the weather got too wet

thats your problem then

start from farest away and you have to do them all

More fun and games tomorrow then, i have also read about running the abs pump using vcds is this necessary?

Thanks

if there was no problem before you changed your pads maybe it could be your pads?

what did you put in?

I have had it before with bikes where people put cheap pads in and come to me complaining of spongy brakes....no amount of bleeding makes up for **** pads

The new pads are Pagid from ECP, the old ones were genuine made by Textar, i have had Pagid loads of times never had a problem. I know what you mean with bikes i used to run Blackbirds and they only liked EBC HH.

you will know where I'm coming from then especially with EBC's grean stuff they used to do!! you may as well not bother with pads lol

As an update i have now pressure bled all 4 brakes in the correct order, not much air in the system but the rear brakes had some black bits in the old fluid?? Brake pedal is a little better but not that confidence inspiring, 1 pump of the pedal and they seem fine.
Not sure what to look at next? Or maybe drive it for a week and let the pads bed in properly?

new pads do need bedding in aswell
and are a lil spongey for the first few miles