Volks AutosMonster Motorsport
    Fire up the Quattro!

Status

Hopefully solved the loss of power after up-change

Few weeks back I posted about a loss of power after each gear up-change. The car would hesitate for a few seconds before accelerating, really noticeable at low revs change (less than 1800rpm).

I noticed that unplugging the MAF helped a lot but it still wasn't perfect. Also, running around with the MAF unplugged is something I didn't want to do.

So today I had a bit of 'down time' at work so I was looking at unplugging the EGR and blocking the vac pipe to see what difference that made. I followed the Vac pipe back to the valve next to the ABS unit. I looked around this area to see if it would be easier to block the pipe from the valve and noticed that the smaller dia vac pipe that connects to the valve was separate from it's 'Y' piece

I've fitted the pipe back on and temporarily blocked the pipe at the EGR end with a 13A fuse from a domestic plug. Fits great!

Plugged the MAF back on and the power after a gear change is the best it's been since owning the car. So good improvement. I will carry out some MAF logs as it is a 2nh hand one on the car as I was told by the PO that the original MAF was faulty....but maybe it was just the EGR all along?

What is the best way to delete the EGR altogether? Also, I would need the ECU changed to omit the EGR function otherwise I will get the EML light, where is best place to do this or software?

Dan
    2002 2.5 V6 Quattro
    Mods Done: Q5 Rear aero wiper. Front ambient light install. Led number plate lens. Towbar with 13pin electrics.
    Mods to complete: Sport shocks to go with Eibach pro springs. Fit 17" 5 star matt black wheels. Fix lack of torque at low revs. Get a custom exhaust system fitted.

FOR SALE - Eibach Pro Sport springs for a 2.5 V6 B6/7 PM ME.

2. # ADS
    ADS

Fire up the Quattro!

Status
    Been out and done over 100 miles visiting friends etc. Car is a joy to drive. It's nice not having to use third on hills or windy roads......can leave it in 4th and even from 1k rpm it picks up nicely without labouring the engine like it was doing before!!
    2002 2.5 V6 Quattro
    Mods Done: Q5 Rear aero wiper. Front ambient light install. Led number plate lens. Towbar with 13pin electrics.
    Mods to complete: Sport shocks to go with Eibach pro springs. Fit 17" 5 star matt black wheels. Fix lack of torque at low revs. Get a custom exhaust system fitted.

FOR SALE - Eibach Pro Sport springs for a 2.5 V6 B6/7 PM ME.

Rockin' Shnit

Status
    Egr delete - grab 2 plates from ebay to block the exhaust outlet and the underside of your egr (i assume its a tdi) and that is it. Leave the vac pipes as they are on the egr as when the plunger would normaly open to let exhaust gasses through it cannot due to the plate so does nothing bad. Egr delete kits are a total waste of money plus you loose your anti shudder valve making your car turn off like a tank. As for deleting the egr function, i dont know as mine did not need this. A remap would do this if you requested it to the person doing it
    blacksmoke remap, 18" alloys, coilovers, heko wind deflectors, c/coded door blades, DIS, Cruise, votex front grille
    TO DO: fit my votex front valance (in the shed), c/code the rest of the lowers, sport interior