Insurance

jonmusicman

Reaction score
Hi all, Can anyone suggest a company for good/cheap insurance? Mine's up soon and I'm looking for a good competative quote on my A4 1.8T Sport.

Elephant is the best so far...

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/MexWave.gif

Esure was best for me, £470.
The AA were most expensive , wait for it .....£1600!.
The only way is to get as many quotes as you can otherwise the theives will have you. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

How much...!!!

I've just checked Elephant.co.uk and I'm shocked with £382.20 including class 1 business use (£380.10 without).

AA sounds a bargin...NOT!

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Try Admiral and Bell Direct. Them and Elephant are all part of Admiral group, so you'll probably get similar, if not identical quotes, but you may find one undercuts the other. They certainly do at renewal.

I've been driving 8 years now, and with the exception of 1 year, have always gone with one of these 3 for both my cars. It will probably depend on your age, location, mileage etc, but they have always been the cheapest for me (from the ages of 18-25), and I get quotes from dozens of other insurers every year. I currently have my A4 with Admiral and my Golf with Elephant.

The other good thing is they will honour your no claims bonus on a second car (if you get/have one) which many others won't.

Trick is to switch between the 3 each year at renewal, saves you money and means you don't need to worry about providing proof of no claims etc, as they all sit in the same office in Wales.

Works for me anyway.

Mike

Definately worth giving Adrian Flux a go, I normally find their quotes the cheapest around plus their great for any mods you have, or make during the policy /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

adrian flux for me,
fully comp, ncb protection, unlimited mileage, any driver, business use, continental use,
£417 all in,
but i am getting an old fart!!

Egg Insurance for me:-

I'm 26, car parked on drive in Glasgow postcode
2002 S3 225 - Fully comp, protected NCD (5 years), 15k miles per annum, business use, standard security, no mods - £705

Elephant was virtually identical to this quote, I think they might have been slightly lower but I saved a few quid with Egg cos Elephant wanted a higher 1st payment IIRC