Wheel bearing brand

neilA4

Reaction score
Hi does anyone know what brand audi use for their wheel bearings. I'm guessing the cheap ones on eBay won't last? Cheers

theres more than one company which supply to audi

i make and roll the steel which is supplied to the bearing companies who then supply audi

nsk bearings and skf dormer are two i can remember off hand

I would stay away from cheap brands on ebay - buy cheap buy twice.

Stick to the decent brands, as mentioned above, I have used SKF in the past.
Eurocarparts should stock decent brands.

May even be worthwhile getting a price from Audi themselves, I have often found parts cheaper by going to Audi as opposed to eurocarparts.etc

schaeffler are one of the other brands we make steel for ...they produce the fag bearings
snr are part of the danish ntn group , not made by us but still good quality

I put an SKF one on mine just over a year ago

it needs doing again!!!

Got a cheap one off the motor factors (FAG I believe) and it was a pretty quality part. ***** to remove the old one!

just to check, my symptoms are a rumbling noise more audiable above 40mph, like a quiet motorbike lol. noise not related to engine speed, no noise from gearbox in any gears.

just the faster I go the louder the rumbling. also I think I can feel some vibration on the accelerator pedal, but strangely not other pedals.

Possibly driver side bearing.

oh, and 207,000 miles !

sound about right?

Well ordered the snr bearings from Ecp and skf ones turned up!

all done now had to take housing off as the bearing was seized in both sides! If anyone wants torque values From memory the 4 off bearing bolts were 80nm plus 90deg, the driveshaft bolt 16mm was 200nm plus 180deg, the brake carrier was 190nm, the brake sliders were 30nm, the top pinch bolt for upper arms is 40nm and the tie rod bolt is 45nm and bottom ball joints were 110nm

All from elsawin

oh and the noise has gone car is smoother and quieter