Cab smart top module

rbailey88

Reaction score
Been reading through old threads but wanted to know what kits are reliable and at the right price. Some older posts talked about wiring the kit in, don't fancy cutting any wires so hoping its plug and play. Want the one touch button option and the key fob roof up/down option as well, is there 1 kit that does both? I've found a module on eBay but it says it's just the indoor, some I'm guessing that's just the one touch. Are there any suppliers in the uk? Not keen on ordering from other countries incase there is any issues after fitting. Any info would be very helpful
thanks in advance

you need the smart top
thats the 1 that does all you want
it is plug and play as all are but as all the others you have to swap a few wires around
very easy to do and no cutting etc
search smart top

Been looking but can't find any uk based sellers, mods4cars do a kit in bday for 175 then 35 postage, I'll keep googling see what comes up.
any cab owners using smart top on here??

Yes I use smart top on a few cabs
And there not cheap mod 4 cars is a good price

Yes mate I have had it fitted for about 5 years, works as it should. Bought it from the U.S, I'm sure I have posted in threads a few years ago regarding fitting the module. The trickiest part of all is getting the rear passenger side card /trim off and then back on again.

Its a good mod to have on the cab, I just don't leave my keys lying around anymore at home as I have learnt before that kids play with car keys and sometimes when it is raining outside. Doh.

Info to pad the thread, for fuller reading.
I got mine from USA, and had to pay import duty, which soured the deal compared with UK sourced.

SmartTop is a control box that integrates with the roof controller to give better roof and remote facilities.

I had one on a previous open-top, and it was the first mod I did to this car.
Functions:
The roof control becomes one-touch, up or down.
The four-window button becomes one-touch for up as well as down.
You can reverse the roof switch polarity, if you find the existing confusing.
Using the remote, you can open or close the windows, open or close the roof (and select if the windows end up open or closed).
Oh, yes, you can fold the roof at non-zero speeds; not a function that's useful with this large sail-like cloth-top but great on my previous folding hard-top.

I find it particularly useful for getting the roof down before rear-seat passengers get in; because the rear window/screen uses the headroom of the rear passengers when folding, you would need to get in, ignition, hold the switch, and then get out before they could start to get in. (Or hold the key in the door lock)
Oh, yes, because it's done on the fob and not ignition, you can be getting ready to drive (not having to hold the switch or the key), and you can start the roof whilst you are still 20 seconds away, so you can get in and drive. Similar for locking; arrive, and walk away whilst it folds up behind you! (Only thing you can't do is use the boot; interlock there will stop the roof function)