plenum grommets and air leak from same area?

ei2gfb

Reaction score
so got into car today and some water in passenger foot well not alot so far, so investigated and can see water and some corrosion under batter so can presume grommets never removed which im surprised by as previous owner has a full audi main dealer history from new till i bought it two months ago, but while investigating this i could hear an air leak in area around pollen filter but sound like it was either under water or spitting out liquid ill get better look tomorrow but any ideas?

Take the battery/tray out and just pull the grommets out (on under the master cylinder too), I am sure there was a conspiracy at audi once upon a time as regards to these grommets . The damage and hassle they have caused is un-believable.

im going to that tomorrow any ideas but air leak sound?

my spelling is horrendous tonight.., ill check it all out tomorrow hopefully something simple, i did notice alot of rust so ill try strip it back and put a coat of iron oxide onto it and spray it back black

cant get near allen key or hex bolt to loosen battery there is a thick insulated bit the runs along the front of the battery which i presume olds the ecu cabling but also the nut looks corroided to pieces:uhm:

UPDATE: managed to remove some more trim and got down to bolt its completly rung someone has had a right good go at it before, i managed to unblock the drain hole under battery from below and a good 2l of water drained however id like to get to other one near master cylinder but removing the battery bolt is going to be a *****

Last edited:
i tired to feel for other one but couldnt feel it, is it under the master cyclinder, i tired to feel around there but the exhuast heat sheild blocks access

I only have the one under the battery removed and all has remained dry in there

Yeh its under the master cylinder. Much easier from below. Well untill you get 2lt of freezing water in your face

One should be sufficient but two would be ideal ?
Also the big trunking at the front does hold the cables and just unclips you have to be a little assertive with it but it simply unclips towards you (if i remember correctly ) also drying the carpets the easy bit however drying the insulation underneath is a absolute mission.
Hope this helps ?