More Woes

S4_dan

Fire up the Quattro!
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
The saga continues......I have only just realised today that the dash warning 'chime' isn't working. I didn't pay attention last time when low oil light and brake! warning lights came on. Today I left the lights on, no chime when I opened the door, and also the fuel light came on, again no chime!

Still have the occasional random Brake! warning flashing up on the DIS. It only does this immediately after the car is started and only once whilst driving round a corner. Tonight after starting the car and driving off, I only noticed the Brake! was flashing away after about 50metres of driving but also that the speedo needle was still sat zero whilst I was doing about 25mph.

Any ideas on where to look for the chime?

And I'm hoping the rest is due to water ingress???? (fingers crossed!!!!)

Dan

Should they chime? Mines never made any noise at all even with lights on and door open, like you I expect I've got the same problem, have done nothing but spend on this car so far fixing things :(

Should they chime? Mines never made any noise at all even with lights on and door open, like you I expect I've got the same problem, have done nothing but spend on this car so far fixing things :(

Yes it should chime lol

Cheers, Will have a look at removing the cluster this weekend.

Is the rev counter working ?

Yes, the rev counter is working fine as is the speedo.....normally.

Dan

Hey , any new updates on this ? Was it the speaker ? My warning beeps was working fine until my car was remapped . I cant find instructions or other posts that describes how to enable it again in VCDS .So if anyone has an idea , please post it . Thanks