Wrapping mirrors like rs4

Turbo-mick

Reaction score
Hey up guys
new to the forum as I've come from a cupra r to my a4 sline
am wanting to vinyl wrap my mirrors in the Crome or silver what ever colour the rs4 ones are
has any one done this with pics please as I cart find owt on google other than the caps u can buy
cheers mick

S4 is aluminium so itll be hard to copy the exact colour. It would be better to spray them or just replace for s4 ones

As wrapping would be a pita if you haven't much experience in such thing

With out blowing my own trumpit mate I can wrap good on cars lol am just not wanting to pay the silly s4 money that the mirrors are and wasn't sure weather they wear crome or alloy as the covers u can buy look crome. But the genuine ones look alloy ??

No trumpet blowing. If u can do it well then do it.

They are alloy most aftermarket ones are plastic with chrome sprayed on.

Do they do a aluminium wrap?

Yer mate they do I've done my interior in brushed alloy.
But the colour just don't look right for the mirrors.
Unless they do diffrent shades

Think ill do one tomorrow and see how it look lol. Ill up load pics when its done. Think matte black would look good too tho

It's not hard to wrap mate. It's all down to the quality of the vinyl really if u get bubble free. U just use a hair dryer to get rid of any creases ect

Caps will be easier and look better (although I'm not a fan of shiny mirrors either way).

Caps will be easier and look better (although I'm not a fan of shiny mirrors either way).

S4 morrors are solid aluminium, no covers and are not shiney or chrome as people keep selling them as.

There is no replacment for the real thing and only S and RS cars should have them as they denote the vehicle IMHO otherwise it'll be like putting an S4 badge on a 1.8T. :)

I'd love to see the wrapping result when its done?

I a strong believer in if u want that modle just buy it. But am not making a rep I just like the mirrors and am not paying the real price for them that's a joke lol

I a strong believer in if u want that model just buy it. But am not making a rep I just like the mirrors and am not paying the real price for them that's a joke lol

so because he wants s4 look mirrors he should just go buy the s4 lol
most ridiculous post ive read!

Personally I think silver mirrors on a non S car are a bit old news now. I did mine several years ago, and loved them for a while.... Just spray them with Avus silver or whatever (I bought a spare pair), and then you can try them for yourself. The early S (not sure about RS) cars came with shiny chrome rather than the matt aluminium look of the B6's.