can i do a speedo head test with the vagcom ive got?

jamesey

Reaction score
hi ive got a blue lead from ebay and its using vagcom i think its 4.09 version maybe?
im wanting to do a speedo head test to check my temp gauge also alter my key to work the windows and chirp the alarm etc , can this be done?

Go into 01 Engine, then Measuring Blocks and go up through the numbers and find the coolant temp one. If it shows 90 degress and your gauge shows nothing, then you know it's the gauge.

The windows, you need to go into Central Convenience I think then adaptation... I'm not sure of the specific coding bt lookon the Ross Tech site as it has all the instructions.

If you want to check if your instrument is working you do this by going into 17-instruments and then click on output test and it will go through different stages.

when i press output test it come up with a warning about registration , ive got a ebay blue lead , whats all this about a black lead with a chip inside?

The leads with the chips inside are official Ross Tech leads. As you have a copy lead, Ross Tech allow you to use VCDS Lite for "testing purposes" and offer no support. As your lead appears to work you can register VCDS Lite for approx £70 and this will give you Auto Scan, Coding & Adaptation and Output Test functions. Check out the Ross Tech website for the full list of what you can and can't do.