Wheel Advice Please!!

sammi

Reaction score
Hi All

We are looking at putting some new wheels on the S4 Cab and wanted some advice if possible. We have decided the wheels we want are 3SDM 0.01. Due to where we live and the crap quality of the roads out in the sticks we want to stick with 18" wheels.

Now they do a straight 8.5J front and rear which I am guessing will still run the 235/40/18 tyre or they do a staggered set which is 8.5J front 235/40/18 and a 9.5J 255/35/18

Will a 9.5J fit on the S4 Cab with 255 tyres? What offset will the wheels need to be within? and what offset will look best on the front?

And Finally Black or Silver wheels?

The car currently sits standard but we will be lowering it soon. Thanks for all the advice I know you guys know your wheels and offsets!!

if you put a staggered set on the car you will put extra stress on the drivetrain through having differant tyres widths and traction
the car will not like this at all

the S4 will cope with a staggerd set up

Thanks guys, any advice on off sets and tyre sizes? Also an opinion on colour would really help me out :0)

If it was me I'd stick to the 8.5J all round and get ET35 (maybe 32/33) all round. They would sit nice with 235 tyres.

I'd go silver or dark grey, I'd not go black.

Reactions: sammi
It will not even effect drivetrain, I ran 8.5 front with 9.5 rear and the looks and handling were brilliant, highly recommend going for that as my new 8.5 all round setup doesn't look half as good.

I like the idea if the staggered look as I think it will look great but after my knowledge with 4wd in the past I am really worried that it will effect the 4wd ect?

James they don't come in grey so I have been toying with the idea of getting them in polished silver and having them painted grey if I don't like them ? Which is why I'm undecided on black really. Thanks for the advice on sizes it's a great help :)

Wheel width won't affect the quattro, as long as you're able to get the rolling radius the same, you're never going to get it as close as the same size wheels and tyres all round - personally I just wouldn't bother as for me it's not worth the hassle/risk for me.

If the choice is black or silver I'd go silver, black wouldn't work for me at all.

as said
if the rolling radius of the front and rear tyres is not very closely matched it will effect the drivetrain
and put undue stress on the diff .... it will still cope with it , but it will reduce the life of the components until it wont cope with it

for me personally its not worth the risk , when i can fit 4 wheels which look exactly the same and have no trouble

I've just spoken to stanced uk and they recommend a 9.5J wheel all round with 255/35/18 tyres. I want to get them ordered can someone tell me if they will definitely fit the S4 Cab?

Thanks Guys

9.5J is about the widest possible so I'd go for slimmer tyres to avoid rubbing issues, will look better with them too.

I've phoned 5 or 6 different companies all tell me something different, some say they fit some say they don't now they are not sure if the 8.5J et 40 will clear the front calipers!! Aaarrrgghhh

finally ordered ! after much re search and driving chris around the bend we discovered that the 3sdm wont clear the callipers on the s4. so we have gone for a set of zito 935's in hyper silver as they come in the right off set! hopefully this post may save someone in the same situation alot of time in the future !

It's a wonder no one's asked after your Avus's yet....

3538-l.jpg

I have that pic saved its the only s4 cab I could find with aftermarket wheels! Should have realised it was prob all I could get to fit it really!

Taken a while but here s a pic of the new wheels now its a little lower :)

IMG_1715_zpsfe68bcef.jpg
[/URL]

IMG_1714_zpsf8cc531e.jpg
[/URL]

Reactions: BRILLO