cant get heater to blow on windscreen on my audi a4? and econ problem

jamesey

Reaction score
hi ive just checked the heater controls and ive got a couple of probs , if i go through the buttons it blows on feet and face vents then moves to windscreen but doesnt blow through the vents i can hear it blowwing near the top , could it be a link that has come off.

also my econ button is on all the time when i press it the light goes out but comes back on again , i dont think my a/c works?
here a pic of what sort it is,,,,,,,,,,can you go into settings etc 20131012 170100 on these like the passat b6 controls?

Having the same problem myself. I removed the solenoid motor and stripped it and re-greased it but it made no difference so I ordered a second hand control unit which made no difference :eek:( think I'm going to try replacing the solenoid with a new one (£175 + vat from Audi) or a second hand one.

I had the same problems when I bought mine. The flaps had stuck on mine and didn't direct any air to the windscreen, take all the glovebox bits out and have a look, you may be lucky like me. Haven't had a problem since. My econ light on was the sensor located in the air con rad just by the passenger headlight. Replaced that and all was good. About £50 for the part.

took the glove box out i found the windscreen motor stuck and the recirc one shut aswell that also wouldnt shut or open , no wonder it was steaming up , i took them off greased and hey presto all works again , apart from the aircon ,
i looked on vagcom and the air con came up with a high pressure sensor (g65) , does this sound simular?

That's the fault mine was showing, but apparently shows if the system needs re gassing as well. I would edge my bets with the sensor, it's easy to fit, took me about 15 mins to do and doesn't cost too much, about £50.