AH FabricationsMonster Motorsport
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Stevieb2905

Thread: Tyre compressor

5th Gear

Status

Tyre compressor

Hi,
    Can anyone reccomend a home compressor suitable for tyre inflation that is man enough and gives a acurate pressure reading, i gave a halfords speciel which is about as much use as a chocolate teapot, i have industrial air supply at the workshop but it's not practical to keep going backwards and forwards.Just wondering what you guys are using,
    Thanks in advance.
    A4 AVANT 1.9TDI 130 SPORT:
    18" RS6'S//TWIN EXHAUST//ALLARD EGR DELETE//AERO WIPERS//B7 KEYS & ENGINE COVERS//BLACK OPTICS //FRONT & REAR S-LINE BUMPERS//TAILGATE SPOILER//S4 HEADLIGHTS,GRILLS & DOOR BLADES//RS4 RARB & PEDALS//FRONT,REAR & FOOTWELL AMBIENT LIGHTING//PUDDLE LIGHTS//FAN JETS//MEDIA SYSTEM//T.V//7" HEADREST MONITORS//REAR BLINDS//REVERSE CAMERA// CRUISE & DIS

2. # ADS
    ADS

3rd Gear

Status
    A4 Avant B6 1.9 TDI 130 Sport (6) Moro Pearl Blue, GMBH S Line Kit, Decat pipe, 165bhp remap, EGR delete, Dunlop SP Max, Full Leather, Cruise Control, Full DIS, Bose, Audi phone prep, Cooled Glove Box, Rear privacy glass, Rear parking assist.
    2003 Seat Ibiza 1.2 TSI FR in Lima green.

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by pauldazzle View Post
    some of the price's on there are a joke !! , its a cheap plastic pump that will last about a year , and have you ever used it in anger , I have on the wifes TT , you can here it from the other side of the town .

Fire up the Quattro!

Status
    Wouldn't it be easier to have the tyres removed and checked and also the rims checked for corrosion then you wouldn't have a need to keep inflating your tyres?

Otherwise, I have an Air pump from Argos, it was about £14 iirc. It used to pump up my Discovery tyre no problem. (which used to deflate due to the rims corroding and causing a small leak)

Dan

This is what I have: Argos

Half price at the moment!
    2002 2.5 V6 Quattro
    Mods Done: Q5 Rear aero wiper. Front ambient light install. Led number plate lens. Towbar with 13pin electrics.
    Mods to complete: Sport shocks to go with Eibach pro springs. Fit 17" 5 star matt black wheels. Fix lack of torque at low revs. Get a custom exhaust system fitted.

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmcgee View Post
    some of the price's on there are a joke !! , its a cheap plastic pump that will last about a year , and have you ever used it in anger , I have on the wifes TT , you can here it from the other side of the town .
    So it would appear they're not up to Audi's usual build quality then.
    Some ebay sellers really do take the p***.
    As suggested if you are constantly having to inflate your tyres you'd be better of having the rims checked & cleaned up.
    A4 Avant B6 1.9 TDI 130 Sport (6) Moro Pearl Blue, GMBH S Line Kit, Decat pipe, 165bhp remap, EGR delete, Dunlop SP Max, Full Leather, Cruise Control, Full DIS, Bose, Audi phone prep, Cooled Glove Box, Rear privacy glass, Rear parking assist.
    2003 Seat Ibiza 1.2 TSI FR in Lima green.

1st Gear

Status
    I had a small air leak which meant I had to top every week. Was some corosion on the wheels. Paid £10 to have tyre removed rim rubbed down and tyre put back on. Its really not worth hassel having to top up with air every now and then

1st Gear

Status
    The Michelin 12262 tyre inflator is the dog's danglies. Built in LED lights for night time, digital gauge, pressure release, etc. Better than any Halfords special. My last one sounded a pneumatic drill before giving up the ghost.
    2002 A2 1.4 TDi SE (125k)
    2001 A4 2.5 TDi Avant Quattro Sport (155k)
    1995 80 TDi Avant SE (175k) Sold

2nd Gear

Status
    try Lidl they do an excellent heavy duty one, the gauge is good too and it's a solid bit of kit

5th Gear

Status
    Just ordered a ring rac630 as that has come out on top of numerous tests so will see how that performs, i don't suffer with pressure loss but have 4 cars, motorbikes, push bikes that all need air in tyres and i also check pressure on a weekly basis so was just looking for ine that performed better than the one i have.
    A4 AVANT 1.9TDI 130 SPORT:
    18" RS6'S//TWIN EXHAUST//ALLARD EGR DELETE//AERO WIPERS//B7 KEYS & ENGINE COVERS//BLACK OPTICS //FRONT & REAR S-LINE BUMPERS//TAILGATE SPOILER//S4 HEADLIGHTS,GRILLS & DOOR BLADES//RS4 RARB & PEDALS//FRONT,REAR & FOOTWELL AMBIENT LIGHTING//PUDDLE LIGHTS//FAN JETS//MEDIA SYSTEM//T.V//7" HEADREST MONITORS//REAR BLINDS//REVERSE CAMERA// CRUISE & DIS

3rd Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Follow Greeny233 On Twitter
    I have a battery booster/compressor combo from Maplin, the booster pack works a treat but the compressor can only be run for about a minute before it starts to get to hot and it has to be let to cool down for 5 minutes. So inflating a flat tyre could take hours lol. I just have a twin cylinder foot pump that is far more reliable and quicker.
    Chris "the machine" Green.
    2004 Audi A4 1.9tdi Sport Quattro Avant

1st Gear

Status
    I've had quite a few 12v ones over the years all of which, including a coupe of expensive ones have packed in. When my last one from Costco died I was forced to use the track pump for my mountain bikes and it works a treat, bit more effort obviously but just as quick and more reliable, even manages to blow up my caravan tyres and they are 65psi. Chain reaction usually have good deals on.
    mattyboyc and Greeny233 like this.