Automatic boot opening

Ok, thanks for clarifying it. I saw the post Archie, it was Stoke Audi you ordered from wasn't it?
I think I'll contact the guy. My friend has a B7 and wants to do this now too!

Yeah finished mine the other day and all works great........I had to buy new dampers as my version k ones were tired, but the new ones shoot the lid up in no time.

I'm still looking in to it for my Avant and had some trial runs, needs a little tweaking and maybe new struts as mine aren't the best (and no Audi parts numbers on them so poss not OEM struts?!)

Cheers.

I do love it and it is really useful with a toddler too

Reactions: Archies
Had a message from Stoke Audi and all my parts are ready for collection so i will be fitting them this weekend after spraying the hinges.

Archie

How do you do it on the avant?
I'm still looking in to it for my Avant and had some trial runs, needs a little tweaking and maybe new struts as mine aren't the best (and no Audi parts numbers on them so poss not OEM struts?!)

Well mines all done, sprayed and fitted the hinges today, works a treat

Mike, on the left hand hinge what have you done about the cover as it does not go over the cable now because of the spring, have you just tie-wrapped the cable to the hinge'

Nope. Bought the two covers for the auto boot hinges as they cover the springs. Part nums are in that russian link

Saw this on you tube for the Avant but can't find a guide for what you actually need to do.

I know and he didn't add any description or comment. It's so cool though

Reactions: JMGR33N
Cracked it! I know mines a B7 and this is a B6 thread.

Reactions: sabaxter
Just feeding the little one and getting some dinner and I'll post up a how-to. It's pretty simple.

Reactions: TheDriver
but can you make it close ?

And yes...
You grab the handle and pull it closed with you hand.

Reactions: SmoothAssault
Sounds good mate and well done getting this done. I know a few of us want this feature. i would appreciate it. if possible would you add any part numbers you used? Thank you

Thats great! Going to do this to my B6.

Got a link to where you got your springs from?

Last edited:
These are the ones I got, but the price has gone up since I purchased. You won't be able to shut your boot with a spring this long though. You'll need to measure up and cut them down or buy ones the right length. The thing is each car is very slightly different so I went for the cutting them to fit option.
http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=271756512959

Reactions: Chrismawa