Cab roof rattle Q?

fallmonk

Turbo Sport
Reaction score
Website
www.filshill.co.uk
My cab roof has suddenly developed a nasty rattle from the. " hard" plastic section of the folding roof. (Front Near side ) now am hoping it's just something worked loose but need to take it off to check.
Anyone done this. ?
Also a bit paranoid of stopping roof half way up/down as have heard people having re-sett problems if out of sync. !
Cheers in advance mick

I had this as well, someone suggested cleaning the rubber with Autoglym door seal cleaner and it worked for me. Use a bit of card to work it right up into the groove. It does come back though so you need to redo it every few weeks. Mine rattled right beside my right ear and was diving me nuts

Good luck, mine was rattling too, I was dubious about the suggestion as well and was amazed when it worked. I used to drive along playing with the height of the windows, pushing them in and out and poking up into the roof mechanism, I hate squeaks and rattles and having it right by my ear was like torture, my missus used to get her kill at me, she couldn't even hear it apparently. Selective deafness must be a beautiful thing especially when driving a cab with sline suspension. I'll be interested to know how you get on because my hood motor is playing up now and I wouldn't be surprised if there are more surprises waiting round the corner.

Cheers mate, but not a squeak but something deff loose so plastic trim needs to come off and hopefully just tighten up rather than replace. !

Same issue with mine, turns out there are little v shaped clips that sit in a white plastic holder that hold the plastic cover in place. I have two broken white holders so the little v shaped clips are tapping against the holders and rattling in the slots that they sit in. About to call Audi to see if they stock replacement clips.

Same issue with mine, turns out there are little v shaped clips that sit in a white plastic holder that hold the plastic cover in place. I have two broken white holders so the little v shaped clips are tapping against the holders and rattling in the slots that they sit in. About to call Audi to see if they stock replacement clips.

That's interesting, are they easy enough to see/replace?