What is it???

JohnBoy

Reaction score
Website
www.jdevine.co.uk
What is the small pull down flap above the rear veiw mirror for? Its tucked away between the top of the screen and the roof lining... I never knew it was there until cleaning the mirror and I spotted it this weekend. Bet lots of owners have never seen it either...

It's the third sun visor. VWs have them too. Took me over a year to spot it on our Bora!

I thought it was to stop the interior light reflecting on the windscreen in the dark - could be wrong!!

I used it both days last year when the sun was out. It's helpful when the sun is at that height, and moves between the 2 main visors, but above the rear-view mirror. Indespensible really /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

yup - sunvisor.

varying results depending on sun position, but it always stays down in my car.

[ QUOTE ]
Sun visor???? if thats what it is then its about as much use as an ashtray on a Ducati 750

[/ QUOTE ]

It works perfectly. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

[ QUOTE ]
yup - sunvisor.

varying results depending on sun position, but it always stays down in my car.

[/ QUOTE ]

Does the job /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif

IIRC my old mans' Renault 25 had one in 1987.....................

BUB /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Didn't even know I had one, I'll check that out in the morning. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif

yeah had it on my octy vRS too. works well /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Checked it on the way home and yeah I see how it works now - fills the gap between the left and right sunvisors and the rear view mirror.

Sorry for my previous numpty suggestion!!

Will need to try it when the sun finally shines again!

Good to see you all read your handbooks.........

BUB /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/book.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Good to see you all read your handbooks.........

BUB /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/book.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

As a last resort possibly /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

The 3rd sunvisor even gets a mention in the period Audi sales brochures as being one of those 'nice touches' /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif