Engine guard .

dale86

Reaction score
I've trashed my engine guard today thanks to a filthy dirty farmer who left masssive lumps of mud all over the road from ploughing fields grrrr. After long heated arguements and trying to get him to cough up or try and resolve something through insurances ( as full engine guards are nt too cheap) I was told by my insurance it was going to be a dead end claim. So I'll be scouring breakers for a one and was just wondering if Quattro and fwd are the same item thanks.

Do you mean the front Grill?

I think new (aftermarket) ones can be had from ebay.
Iv been meaning to buy one for ages as mines currently held on with cable ties!

I would look for a "panzer plate" also known as a "tuff trayz", they are made of 5mm alloy and will protect your engine...

Yeah it's the unfertray I'm after thanks just need to know if they are the same accross the model range.

yeh they are the same i swiped one off of a 1.9tdi fwd for my 1.9tdi quattro and fits like a glove. i would imagine they are all the same since they just clip onto the subframe and front bumper and the drive shafts are nowhere near them so there would be no issue.

Thanks for the reply instill havnt got a replacement I need to with the snow coming and now I know any will fit it makes the search easier .