First Audim - noob questions

MooLard

Reaction score
Good evening!

Just joined and am looking forward to getting involved in the forums, as well as doing a whole lot of searching and perhaps a few retrofits in due course.
I'm picking up an Audi A4 Advent (1.9 TDi Quattro Sport) in a few days time and am looking forward to it. One problem the vehicle is coming with is that the climate control turns off a few seconds after turning on, and only stays on when I use the separate lower front windscreen demister button. I will get it scanned in due course but has anyone come across this before?
It also comes with an airbag light but as the the garage is putting it through an MoT I am trusting them to sort this, somehow.

Last few questions for now, can anyone recommend me some rear parking sensors, bleeping ones are fine, I'm curious really as what others have used and found good. Finally, please excuse the question but are there any other forums you recommend that I sign up to for all of my Audi questions?!

Many thanks in advance

Fair play, didn't think the Audi A4 Advent was out until November.

207kd5i.jpg

I want one of those Advents.

Reactions: DieselJake
Thanks guys n dolls! I am the illiterate! Good day!

It may be worth asking if someone on here is close by to pop with you and scan the car before you buy. You don't want to be buying it if it's full of codes that will cost a bomb to fix.

Ref parking sensor kits, I have the cobra version that is also what Audi use and it is brilliant and much faster to reat compared to the cheaper varieties that I have used and installed on other cars.

The airbag light issue HAS to be fixed before it'll pass an MOT. I would refuse the car if it's not sorted when you go to collect

Had my car over a month now and overall I'm really pleased with it! I cleared the airbag fault code myself and it hasn't returned, at some point I will fiddle with the passenger seat airbag connector with the battery disconnected to ensure it doesn't strike again, all being well I will never have to dismantle the seat.
In other news, I thought I would remove and refit the air con presure sensor to see if it would spring back to life, but instead I overtightened it and lost all of the gas. Now I need a new condensor and sensor, yes! This task can wait until spring next year though.

Reactions: Welshquattro
Good to hear ur happy with it! I too need a condensor as I have a leak but like you will wait till next year. The airbag light on mine is the connector under the seat which is a common problem. I did read somewhere how to fix it but will have to find it again.lol