2.5 TDI Turbo Question

hodgy0_2

Reaction score
Hi

I think the turbo on my Quattro 2.5TDI is on the way out -- I can deffo hear a "new" noise, slightly higher pitch

anyway, what model is it -- a quick glance on Ebay seems to suggest it is a Garret T3 and lots for sale - is that correct?

does anyone know the exact model number (I have a MY2002)

also has anyone fitted one, any gotchas special tools etc

thanks in advanced

3 bolts on the heat shield
3 bolts on the hot side attaching it to the pre cat.
Jubilee clip on the air side (if i Rember correctly )
4 bolts attaching iot at the base be carefull as you dont want to round them of as i did with one ( causing no end of problems )
I did my own when it went and once i took the heat shield off it was relativly straight forward .
I just had a problem with the setting up so had to get adamss24 to sort it out properly as the boost was lacking when going up steady inclines .
mines a A6 2.5tdi AKE so may be diferent and alittle more spacious under the bonnet if yours is a A4 ?
Wd40 or heat gun at the ready.
Read it for codes first though to save costs if not needed ?
Or try the Mr Muscles idea ?( google or search on this site )
Good Luck

3 bolts on the heat shield
3 bolts on the hot side attaching it to the pre cat.
Jubilee clip on the air side (if i Rember correctly )
4 bolts attaching iot at the base be carefull as you dont want to round them of as i did with one ( causing no end of problems )
I did my own when it went and once i took the heat shield off it was relativly straight forward .
I just had a problem with the setting up so had to get adamss24 to sort it out properly as the boost was lacking when going up steady inclines .
mines a A6 2.5tdi AKE so may be diferent and alittle more spacious under the bonnet if yours is a A4 ?
Wd40 or heat gun at the ready.
Read it for codes first though to save costs if not needed ?
Or try the Mr Muscles idea ?( google or search on this site )
Good Luck

thanks GTIboy

mine already lacks a bit of boost when on a steady inclinec - LOL

and I have tried the Mr Muscle trick

it still drives fine TBH (really well, apart from the odd boost issue), but I just think the Turbo is on the way out, it has done 165K

The turbo is a gt2052v and whilst widely available there are a few different versions fitted to different power variants. If you need i have a good one off a a6 tdi quattro sport, drop me a pm if interested !

Adamms is your man .
Well worth the long drive to go see him