Pics needed interior retrims

Stusa4

Reaction score
Posted yea pics off you're interior retrims leather and cloth

Mine's in progress. Headliner and pillars I'm doing myself, dash, centre console and door cards will be going to Plush in Leicester. Just working on some dash modifications before taking the parts over. Finished my headliner a couple of weeks ago: A4 Headliner Alcantara retrim | Matt Easom

Here's Luke's (from Plush) minty fresh RS4:

2013 09 24 2332012013 09 24 234142

i retrimmed my headlining and a,b,c,d pillars in black alcantara a few years ago

i retrimmed my headlining and a,b,c,d pillars in black alcantara a few years ago

Got any photos of how yours turned out Mono? I've got three more pillars to do before I'm done, taking me ages to get around to them, find it a really stressful job. Just have to keep telling myself it'll be worth it when it's finished!

a pillars are a real ***** to trim .... have tried many times to trim in one piece but its practically impossible
far easier to trim them in two pieces

It's the grab handle recesses that I struggle with the most. I've done mine 1 piece so far, but not tried an A pillar yet :/

I was previously quoted £600 to have the headliner and pillars done in genuine Alcantara, and given how much of a pain it is, it would've been worth every penny if I'd of had the cash available.

Sounds best to buy new pillar's and headliner if it's like this, want mine done but reading this has put me off. Suppose you can't go for custom colours if you're going genuine though.

grab handle recesses are easy if you are using the correct alcantara and technique
dont use backed alcantara as it doesnt stretch enough

alcantara is available in a range of colours so you should be able to get pretty close to what you would like
you dont need new a pillars or headliner to do this

Ahh, maybe that's where I've gone wrong then. The stuff I picked up is backed, although I did order a range of samples (backed/non-backed) and this felt like it had the most stretch. I've started now, all I can do is persevere with it but I'm not enjoying this job one bit.

only other thing you can do is peel away the backing so its plain
should stretch a little better