My A4 T Sport

A4sportMrT

Reaction score
I thought It'd be a wise idea to start a build thread of my A4 sport, I've only had it 4 days and I've enjoyed every minute, few little problems which will be sorted in due course.
Here is a couple of dealer pictures as previously shown in the welcome area

Anyway, I had plans to not do anything to this car but as soon as I picked it up from the dealers and drove home it all changed and now ive got a long list, pretty normal stuff really which ive seen all across this site.. (which is one of the best ive been a member off)
I want;
- An exhaust system, recommendations welcome ;)
- K&N induction kit, Bought waiting to be delivered
- Baileys recirc valve also on its way
- Eibach Sportline lowering springs, as ive read reviews on here and give a nice drop. don't fancy coilovers
- Restore the rear bench to a better condition, as the leather has a few cracks, again tips on this also welcome
- Good set of bulbs for the headlights, with LED sidelights
- LED aftermarket rear lights
- Vent pod for boost gauge and oil temp
- Tint the rear windows
- Boot spoiler/lip

A long list for a car ive only driven less than 48hrs, but I have no rush to get these sorted. I plan on keeping this car for longer then my previous cars put together.

I may have to come along to one of the south east meets, as I only live in Hastings so if its not too far to travel ill show my face and car :)

Comments welcome

And thanks, Tom :)

Nice looking car should be good with the proposed mods don't forget mini boot spoiler sports normally come with one heres my sline 190 I was wanting to lower but after fitting the leon front splitter I don't think I'd get on my drive sline suspension ain't to bad anyway and welcome to the world of audi lovely cars when they haven't got problems

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    101.6 KB · Views: 172
Thanks :) this is my first Audi my previous cars were two Fords and a Volvo. This is by far the best to drive. The mini boot spoiler is on my list and there's the cheap copy on eBay for £18..
Interested in fitting the leon cupra splitter,You got any more pics?

The sport suspension I find feels low but I want it sitting lower. Without going coilovers

This was supposed to be my grown up car had a 300bhp Impreza before this ,leon spitter is dead easy mod only a bit of trimming and a few self tappers

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 88
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 82
Yes this was supposed to be the same although I've never had anything with this power before. It looks good it may well go on my list of stuff to do :)

Cheers :D

My choice of leather conditioner would be gliptone

Received my K&N induction kit this morning, should receive my baileys recirc valve tomorrow too. Hopefully both be fitted before I go to Brands Hatch this weekend :)

The cheap replica boot lip spoilers look wrong to me and would try and source an original from a breakers.....the replica ones are too narrow as don't follow the line on the tail lights.

Other mods to do would to be to replace the oil pick up, then get the RS4 rear ARB and kit, 3.0 312mm brakes, s-line kit, double din if not got it already, cargo net and anchor points in boot,

Firstly thanks for the advice :)
Secondly.. Yes noticed that when looking at images on google. Stick out like a sore thumb.

Why replace the oil pick up?
Is the RS4 rear ARB a simple swap? Benefits?
Brakes I'm not sure, I might uprate discs and pads and get braided hoses all round

Enjoy, the car looks nice and clean - I remember when I got my A4 last year after driving a Vectra round for 8 months, I felt like I was the man!

In terms of your questions, the longitudinally mounted 1.8T engine can suffer from oil sludge issues, this is generally caused by people using cheaper oil / longer service intervals / people turning off the car without properly cooling down the turbo (driving off-boost for a while if your planning on turning off the engine)
Due to the formation of sludge, it can block the oil strainer on the pickup and starve the top end of oil.
I wouldn't be too worried - just make sure there is good oil in and a clean filter.
I would only worry about it if you get an oil pressure warning light on the dash (think this looks like an orange/red oil can).

The RS4 ARB is a basic swap - I did mine in around 30minutes - it really stiffens the back end and reduces body-roll slightly.
Also induces a slight amount of over-steer too. For what they are worth they are a great mod.

Standard brakes tend to be quite good - I have used Ferodo DS2500 pads to great effect in the past, however upon inquiring into fitting some to the standard 312mm brakes on my 2.5TDi I found it was almost cheaper to find some B6 S4 calipers and run them on standard pads!

Wow! That is great info, I'll look into upgrading the brakes in the future but for now I'll stick with buying better performing discs and pads.

Interesting you say about cooling the turbo down, I've not just turned the engine off, I've let it run idle for couple of minutes beforehand. It's my first petrol turbo car so still getting used to driving it, safe to say I'm no boy racer so I'm not booting it everywhere. I've been told to replace the oil every 1000 miles, wasn't told why, and didn't really intend too as I was just gonna stick to the normal service routine but use quality oil as I have done previously.

Wow! That is great info, I'll look into upgrading the brakes in the future but for now I'll stick with buying better performing discs and pads.

Interesting you say about cooling the turbo down, I've not just turned the engine off, I've let it run idle for couple of minutes beforehand. It's my first petrol turbo car so still getting used to driving it, safe to say I'm no boy racer so I'm not booting it everywhere. I've been told to replace the oil every 1000 miles, wasn't told why, and didn't really intend too as I was just gonna stick to the normal service routine but use quality oil as I have done previously.

You don't necessarily need to let it sit running idle, just drive lightly for 2 - 3 minutes before turning off.
Seen people turn their turbo cars off after booting it down the road - the oil in the turbo can literally boil if its too hot - thus causing sludge.
Every 1000 miles is very excessive! - I tend to replace mine every 5000-6000 miles with good quality fully synthetic oil.

We'll received the K&N and the baileys recirc valve, car might have to go in to get the CV joints looked at so can't fit anything now :(
also ordered fly eye kit for front and rear lights :)

Also, even though I've said I'll hold out on upgrading brakes.

But..

Will I need the callipers and carriers or just carriers when upgrading to the 312mm discs. I think mine currently are 288mm I haven't checked but will have too soon as I could do with getting new front discs, mine are pitted slightly

Do sports not have 312 anyway I know mine defo has but mines an s line but I thought sports had 312 anyway might be wrong

The baileys dv might give you running issues, the VAG engines are designed to have recirc valves fitted. Make sure it doen't leak, some of the early ones leaked like sieves.

Its a recirculation valve, that's what description said anyway.

I made sure I got one instead of a DV

It's a Baileys DV30 recirculating valve