b6 avant water leak,,,carpets soaked arghhhh

jamesey

Reaction score
hi ive got a major problem with water entering my rear drivers side and soaking into the front , its not antifreeze or the pollen filter areas or the bulk head bungs.
dont know if its this but ive opened the drivers rear door and the rubber seal on the door seems to be dripping like mad , has anyone any clues?

could be the water is not draining out of the bottom of the door and filling up inside, check the drain holes are clear

hi , well i took all the windscreen trim off and wipers etc etc and took the ecu housing out , can you believe the ecu foam seal was hanging inside the hole that leads into the car , i just noticed water running down my brake pedal thats why i took this off 1st , ive cleaned it around the seal ive turned the seal round and stuck it with gasket sealent this ****** shouldnt leak again ,
after that i took the drivers seat out and the side trims and i couldnt believe what i was seeing it was a good job i borrowed the wet vac from work i must have emptied over 6 litres of water out , i vaccuumed the foam and left a heater in there all day until it was dry god know what my leccy bill will be lol , im just glad it was the drivers side not the passenger side.
the only mistake i made removing the seat was i unplugged the plug under the seat without taking battery terminals off without realising it was for the seat airbag , will this be ok? cheers

should be ok aslong as you havent turned the iggnition or
or it will need a quick reset

did you check the relays for water in them ?
as they can rust over time and **** up

should be ok aslong as you havent turned the iggnition or
or it will need a quick reset

did you check the relays for water in them ?
as they can rust over time and **** up

Haha no I didnt I did notice the top of the silver box ecu had condensation on it .im putting my floor heater in again today with carpet up so fingers crossed it dont stink after

Check out my post about 3 weeks ago. Also if your airbag light is on you can clear it with vcds lite, I had to on mine.