Ebay light switches..

I replaced mine with one of these and im very pleased with it,but theres so many sellers with them.

I got mine from this seller ..enjoy_shop2012

Mine looks very tatty so I think I will be updating to one of these

Yeh, mines more noticeable at night really with the lights on, looks like its been scratched by finger nails as its turned..

I'll get one anyway, £15 is worth a gamble..

Bought one of these a while back & swapped over all the internals from my VAG one.

:sadlike: you guys are crazy, go for the mk4/Passat chrome headlight switch, cheaper and sexier.

140006a

Nice, think ill go for one of the chrome Chinese ones.

mine has arrived :icon_thumright: and as soon as i get home will be fitting it, am i correct in thinking that to remove the old switch you push in and turn or have i dreampt that at some time.....:lazy:

Push the centre in and turn it anticlockwise to the 11o'clock position from memory.

So it fits in the hole ok but the 'Off' position is 30 degree's to the left rather than straight up?

Any pictures of it fitted?

So it fits in the hole ok but the 'Off' position is 30 degree's to the left rather than straight up?

Any pictures of it fitted?

Off position is straight up, but you can see how all the symbols are 30 degrees off instead of upright. Just test fitting it like this I know it's going to bug me after a little while once it's in the car.

2013 10 24 142538

(sneaky preview of my new Alcantara dash too :happy: )

That would **** me off to lol

Can you swap over the symbol and knob onto your switch?

Definately mate, got the one I linked to in my car, send us a picture only thing I can think of is maybe if you got Polo or A8 switches as they look the same (they would probably be the same fit too though... hmm).

EDIT: Oops just saw your reply, thought you were having issues but you were just asking about compatibility haha

Last edited:
Brilliant mate ill order one of those now,I've had a right game with the lights so far lol . Looks smarter with the chrome on too .

I cant see why it sits off centre.

First linked one (The A4 one) the side light mark is at 90 degrees to the flat bit at the back:
$T2eC16dHJIIFHKEW1ZpRBS(3-yWHGg~~60_35.JPG

And so is the Golf one:
$(KGrHqVHJFQFI+1ZDnfDBS(PGZw9ew~~60_35.JPG

But the symbols will be off looking at them side by side so it must fit in the dash at a different angle.

The one I bought fits in just fine, and the off position is at 12 o'clock as it should be, but it looks like because the golf one sits at a different angle (off position at 11 o'clock) if we use it then our symbols will look wonky.

I'll end up buying the A4 one too and will try to transplant the chrome switch into it.

DieselJake, do the symbols on your switch sit wonky like mine? I got the one from your link.
This is how mine sits, looks fine to me (other than the awful picture quality haha it's 5am)

image.jpg

EDIT: and just to make the image worse my iPhone decided to rotate the image... cheers Apple.

Yea, that's how mine looks, the symbols are in the right place but they're rotated 30 degrees more than they should be as this switch is designed for sidelights to be at 12 o'clock.

That would annoy me if it was mine.

Is there no way you can rotate the light switch mount inside the dashboard?

Gtot and fitted my chrome switch today. All positions work, but I have a problem !
The front and rear fogs come on fine with the side lights, but soon as I switch the headlights on, the fogs go off, and the rear fog won't light up?
PI have hid headlights too. Has anyone any ideas please?

My £11.50 China one turned up today. Cheap **** didn't work. Mad all my lights stay on and not go off.
I took them both apart and swapped the plastics round so I had the new switch cover but oe internals.
Looks good too compared to the worn one

Mine turned up yesterday. Fitted it, the tone to say the lights are on when the door opens doesn't work.

The worst bit, the wife went to drive the kids to school this morning and the battery is flat. The switch has drained the battery.

Cheap ****e. Don't waste your money. Bad eBay feed back being left.

Mine is fine, everything works without fault, i did get mine from the uk and not china though. Sure the symbols sit on a kilter but compared to the state my old switch was in it really doesn,t concern me. Quite pleased with it

A while ago I bought a used A8 switch. Just the same as the A4 one but with a subtle chrome ring around the outside. Personally I preferred it to the VW one which has cheap looking chrome plastic. Although you could combine the A8 and the VW one to get a chrome ring and chrome switch!

I'm thinking of getting one of theses for my Dad's Touareg but reading the issues you lot have had, I assume its better to order the cheaper switch and swaps the knobs over while keeping the internals?

Was it easy to do?
Any pics on the swap?

Mine was fine and easy with no issues :shrug: no idea how to swap the internals but probably not too tricky think there was clips on the side or something.