thank you mr range rover driver

vr6gordy

Reaction score
went out in the car last tuesday night to the super market and what i recall i parked next to a sliver range rover anyway when i wiped it over on yesturday i have a lovey door dent in my rear drivers side panel next to the filler cap ... why cant people own up to when the damage your car ****** me off .. my guess is kids in the back diving out the car fast and not been careful ... good job i have a mate who dose this for a living hes doing it this week sometime but it money spent i shoundnt have to spend .. might call in the shop to see they have it on cctv

Iread this week that min spec for car park spaces hasn't changed to keep pace with wider cars.I always take the wifes 99 Bora to shop its covered in dings some on the roof

Sorry to hear this mate, its just wrong.

I have a ding in my B pillar and window seal also the door from some oxygen thief dinking em.......not good

Feel your pain, I had to have a dent taken out of my passenger door after some tw*t in the office car park did the damage but never owned up. Cost me £40 for a dent company to take it out. Hope you get it sorted.

Got one or two dings from the mrs parking at her work some people just don't give a **** unfortunately I witnessed a brand new people carrier park across from once women driver opened her door into a wall and kids jumped out the back both sides one into a wall one into a newish audi tt she never batted an eyelid I tried to hang on for the tt driver to tell them whilst mrs was in the shop but they didn't come out thinking about I could of left a note and will do if I witness such ****e again

sorry but this is exactly why i take two spaces up when parking whenever i have to go to anywhere like a supermarket
or in the car park at work
fed up with people damaging my car and not being decent enough to own up to it

Reactions: voorhees
People are scum and genuinely don't care about other peoples property. Combine this with the scary number of people who simply cant drive and you end up with some nasty results. If I have to park my car in a busy car park with tight spaces, shopping centre, etc, I take photographs of the cars parked close to me and inspect the car before and after. It's pretty sad that I feel the need to do that

Theres not a lot you can do when this happens cos its a civil issuenot criminal.My son asked his insurers for advice when this happened to him onhis pristine S3 and they couldn't help and said they would have to reconsider his NCB as a result.He also uses the Bora now to go shopping.Everyone Parking over 2 spaces might help someone revise the min size regs.Some need bigger cars as they get older and less mobile

I left space for the kids to get out of the back safely as they car next to me was sitting on the white line. Came out of the swimming pool to find a parking ticket on my wind screen for parking beyond the parking space! Council find anyway of getting money out of you.

Some idiot put a couple of scratches the full length of my van today. So ****** annoying probably someone I'm working with too :mad:

Last edited:
This is the very reason why I park over 2 spaces at the furthest piont to the shop entrance. When its a car park where I have to pay, I buy 2 tickets and put them either side of the dash.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: dualmono21
Guys, it's probably best not to openly admit to causing criminal damage to peoples cars on a public forum.

I've edited and removed the relevant posts, thanks.

Reactions: dualmono21
Probably not but probably the only real justice to the scum that do it but then again half of them won't care

dent all sorted now .. the men who do this work are unreal how the hell do they do it ..u cant even tell it was dented awesome .. mister dents are the boys top job

I parked across 2 spaces at my local shopping centre about 6 months ago because I know it's a really bad car park for door dinks and people pushing trolleys in between parked cars, and bearing in mind it's a free car park, I came back to find a big yellow ticket for £80 on my windscreen!! Never paid it and had a letter through the post saying it's now £145. Still not paying though!

Simple solution, park at the far end of the car park away from all the careless/selfish/idiotic chumps. Works wonders for me.

Regardless of the why it's done, parking across 2 spaces is just as selfish and wanging your door into someone else's car. Come on you lot, leave that sort of antics to the BMW brigade...

I parked across 2 spaces at my local shopping centre about 6 months ago because I know it's a really bad car park for door dinks and people pushing trolleys in between parked cars, and bearing in mind it's a free car park, I came back to find a big yellow ticket for £80 on my windscreen!! Never paid it and had a letter through the post saying it's now £145. Still not paying though!

Pfft, I park over 2 spaces almost always. Like I said, I buy 2 tickets and put them either side of the dash. I find that no matter how many times I park at the furthest part of the car park, some plank want to park next to me, even when there are loads of spaces.

Reactions: pauldazzle
Simple solution, park at the far end of the car park away from all the careless/selfish/idiotic chumps. Works wonders for me.

Regardless of the why it's done, parking across 2 spaces is just as selfish and wanging your door into someone else's car. Come on you lot, leave that sort of antics to the BMW brigade...

when you yourself have had your car dented or marked by anyone come back then and tell me its selfish
the first time you get a repair bill im positive your attitude will change

Reactions: Gaz!
I already have. I get over it. There's no point shortening my life stressing about what other penarses do. Do all you can to proactively avoid the situation occurring ie by parking as far away as you can. I would almost wager the fact that parking over 2 spaces you are far more likely to get you door keyed deliberately than accidentally, or you'll end up on that **** poor Parking facebook group mostly populated by Mercs and Porsches.

Society unfortunately is circling the drain. People don't give 2 ****s about anyone else's property anymore, as has been said above it's a civil matter rather than criminal if damage occurs in most private car parks. There is nothing realistically you can do unless you are lucky enough to be able to throw money away on a lawyer for such a matter and have hard evidence. I, like most normal people don't which I guess is why I'm writing this reply in the A4 subforum as opposed to the RS4 subforum.

Don't get me wrong, I regularly get proven wrong and random acts of kindness do restore my faith in humanity every now and again. Also I do take pride in the appearance of my own car, and do detest the state of affairs we appear to be in, hence I do everything in my power to avoid getting my car damaged by other twunts. However, it still happens and maybe I've been lucky not to have any serious damage done in that respect I've lost count of the new marks I have found on my cars over the years from ****** car parks.

Actually someone reversed into my car whilst I was stood next to it. I got their details and such like, but when I got some quotes for repair I realised all car repair places take the royal ****. So I tried polishing it out and lo and behold all the paint from his car came off leaving a couple of creases in the rear arch. One quote was for £350. I had the chaps insurance details but you know what, for the risk of the repairer doing a bodge job (I've seen far too many red re-sprayed panels fade to pink over the years) I've decided not to pursue it and chalk it up. I'd rather live with the crease than risk the repair even if someone else is paying. In the end though, life's too short to stress it.