EM TuningVolks Autos
    Rockin' Shnit

Status

How does this solid flywheel kit look for the price?

Valeo Audi | Euro Car Parts UK’s No.1 Car Parts Retailer

Wondering what you all think of this. And being that this kit is made for the 1.9tdi im going to assume there wont be much idle chatter as when ive spoke to people on here they have only had experience with an american kit or a kit for another model which is why i think they had chatter at idle. And for the price of the flywheel WITH a clutch kit, i find it quite impressive......
    blacksmoke remap, 18" alloys, coilovers, heko wind deflectors, c/coded door blades, DIS, Cruise, votex front grille
    TO DO: fit my votex front valance (in the shed), c/code the rest of the lowers, sport interior

2. # ADS
    ADS

2nd Gear

Status
    Why do u want to change to solid, is it due to costs of Dmf as I'm sure you probably read not many people saying good things about solids on tdi's even if they aren't a make like valeo, I used to be all for solids as my transits used to eat dmf's but fitted solid to them with no problem in fact I fitted cheap crap solids to valeo and none seem to be any different from each other, they all did the same Job!
    i was seriously thinking about going solid on my a4 but ended up buying a Sachs Dmf kit off eBay at a good price and thought my audis not a transit and if I'm gonna run something a bit nicer than I have to be willing to spend more on it lol plus I fitted it all myself so saved money there,but I couldn't find anyone over the whole web that said the solids where any better and especially not quieter and we know how much of a noisy tractor engine the 1.9 can be!
    if you do get the kit let us know how it goes as it's always good to have feedback on noise vibration etc but is it worth saving on a flywheel kit on the cost of a possible gearbox in the future as I believe they're more hard on the box too?

6th Gear

Status
    My a4 AWX tdi lasted only 3k after i've fitted a SMF and rs4 clutch to it ! The gearbox syncros broke and the box locked in 3rd...go with DMF at all costs...
    FOR SALE:
    -Golf mk 5/audi a3 1.6 FSI fuel pump, brand new genuine part boxed + seals
    -audi a3 (1998 to 2003) genuine clutch slave cylinder to fit 1.6 engines BRAND NEW
    -Rear bush press tool to fit new rear axle bushes on Golf Mk3/4, Audi a3/S3, Seat Leon/Toledo, Skoda Octavia mk 1/2 used once

Rockin' Shnit

Status
    I was wanting to go dmf to keep it standard as i feel my clutch and dmf are about to go my pedals high and i get a shudder at certain speeds which i think is down to the flywheel. But the cost of dmf is a bit much compared to smf
    blacksmoke remap, 18" alloys, coilovers, heko wind deflectors, c/coded door blades, DIS, Cruise, votex front grille
    TO DO: fit my votex front valance (in the shed), c/code the rest of the lowers, sport interior

2nd Gear

Status
    I think I paid about £350 for a full Sachs Dmf and clutch kit off eBay a few months back.

Rockin' Shnit

Status
    I will have a look mate cheers