Rear OS tyre sticking out more than NS

t3pkd

Reaction score
Hi, new to this and am hoping someone can point me in the right direction.

I just bought a set of A5 wheels and tyres for my A4 quattro all is good apart from the drivers rear which sticks out past the arch
very strange because the other 3 are under their arches no rubbing and no problems
can anyone tell me how to sort this please

ps no spacers on any

Is the centre bore the correct size or if not are you using spigot rings?

Got spigot rings on all the other three wheels are ok just that corner of the car have tried all 4 on OS rear and all stick out the same

Was the camber out before and the wider wheels and lower offset just highlighting the problem?

Gone from 215/55/16 to225/50/17 offset is within range so should be all good....just that one corner out as said I tried all four wheels on r/o/s and all the same so wheel problem is out
just measured from rim to arch on both rears and problem side is lower seems this might have uncovered something else .?

Check your rear spring on the lower side,mine was lower on my avant on one side,could see anything wrong on first visual until i jacked it up! rear spring was broken and the piece fell out once i jacked it up.

Just had wheels off again notice camber adjust thing is different on both so put the sticking out side same as good side ( ish ) and wheel is much better think I need to find a good wheel alignment place now get then sorted
did notice that the drive shaft on the offending side is much closer to the spring but maybe that's the caster
both coils look in good shape by the way
So now to find a place to sort alignment that don't over inflate or find things that aren't there........ideas welcome