Lowered and laser aligned but wheels look off...

Joeltm

Reaction score
Hi All
Long time lurker first time poster

Im hoping you can help me out here - ive recently fitted some new suspension to my B6 a4, along with some other Audi wheels in 19"x8 et35 from memory so nothing silly.

I have had the car laser aligned on a hunters system but from what I, and they can see, the rear passenger wheel protudes from the arch more than the drivers by about an inch or so. This is now causing me some rubbing issues and I have read up, that the rear subframe is quite often misaligned if ever removed.

Having had the car up on a lift today, and the subframe dropped, the guys who had it couldnt get it to move over at all to compensate for this. They believe that the frame comes with locating pegs and this is stopping any movement, so slightly conflicting to what im reading on my Audi forums.

Im just wondering if you can shed any light on this at all!

My only other concern is that there may be some previously unrecorded accident damage that would then explain this .

Hope to hear from you soon

Thanks for any help

Joel

Sticking out and rubbing...
null_zpsc9319afa.jpg

Ok!
null_zps2b47a87c.jpg

the rear of the car has eccentrics which you adjust both the toe in and out and the camber
the car can be droppped off the subframe but as far as im aware there is no rear adjustment
the only adjustment i know of is in the front subframe

I've read on quite a few places that adjustment can be made by lowering the subframe and either barring or using a ratchet strap to centralise the frame, but would like someone who knows to advise before I tackle it.

are all the wheels the same offset ?
i had a set once oem audi alloys 3 were 35 offset 1 was 42 worth a check

I don't think that it's as straight forward as alignment something else in the rear suspension is bent,worn or put of shape for it to be out that much, not heard about the subframe alignment trick?

are all the wheels the same offset ?
i had a set once oem audi alloys 3 were 35 offset 1 was 42 worth a check
I thought this myself! They're all same tyres and not noticeably different... But it could well be worth a look!!

if there oem there should be the ET on the inside

id get them off and check
theres to much diffrence for it to be the subframe
unless its had a hard wack and somethings very bent
or swap the rears around see it the poke follows the wheels.

Measured both wheels tonight from hub face to spoke, both the same :/

Subframe adjustment is heavily talked about on lots of places, especially after lowering and having wheels that fill the arches.

Do the frames come with permanent locating pegs or is there essentially a hole in the body, a hole in the subframe and no room to slide or move anything?
i get the impression the subframe has the adjustment and body has a fixed location?