Bose rear sub / speakers.

DanielHM

Reaction score
Hi, I have an A4, 2002, 1.9TDI Quattro, Estate.

I recently bought a new HU for the car (JVC KD - R541E) , stripped the old Audi Concert HU, hooked her up, front speakers are working, but the rear speakers and sub aren't working.

The sound system is BOSE.

I bought an adadpter to attatch all the cables in the right places, all I'm left with is a blue wire, that says "Amp power up 12v" (Or something along those lines)

Is there any way to get all the speakers and sub working as they were before I removed the OEM HU.

I've looked at many different threads on this, and they were all a bit vague, can anyone enlighten me?

The front speakers were they connected via a brown plug at the back of the head unit?

you have the wrong adaptor you need one which connects to the loom of the bose unit and powers both the subwoofer and rear speakers

There was a brown plug directly connected to the old HU, for the new HU it connects to an adapter, then to the HU.

Any idea which adapter I need?

I don't know which adapter you need but you don't have bose. The Audi Bose system powers all the speakers from the rear amp so you should not have the brown connector which is for the front speakers. You need the harness adapter that is for the rear speakers only.

From looking around I think you need a PC9-401 adapter From the looks of it you can buy them from halfords

Last edited: