Convertable rear light options?

you could put the b7 cabbie lights in but you need convertors for the loom

Are they just plug and play with the adapter looms or is a bit of coding on VCDS needed as well?

yes plug and play

there is codeing but they will work without

When you say 'adapter looms' is that the part that plugs into the lights between the car loom (The standard loom for the B7)?

Also what would the coding do different?

Kufatec sell the looms I think.

Have a look for some posts by 1wheelonly who was up to speed on his Cab's, I think the coding is needed to swap the brake/fog lights around or similar.

Thats a lot of money for a few connectors and a bit of wire.

you have 2 choices
buy one
make one.

the lights aint cheap either

If I knew what wires went where I would lol
Easy to make your original loom fit the b7 rears costing £0. If you get the b7 looms with your new lights. Cut the tail light off your b6 loom and then solder the 501 tail light from the b7 loom onto your b6 loom. Then all the holders fit into the b7 light fine apart from one which needs a 1 mm slit cut into the plastic on the light hole of the b7 light. Then all you need to do is either tape up the 2nd reverse and fog lights and tuck behind the light(I had it like this for 6 months) or cut the holders off and fit a resister (I have now done this) then you just nneedto code the top tail light out with vcds. Lights are expensive if your inpatient, I looked on ebay every day for 3 months and ended up paying £20 for one light and loom and £25 for the other light and loom.

Reactions: Tobester
In no rush so see what comes along.

Any chance of a picture and the resistors you used please showing where everything went for future reference?

Thanks