A4 2.5 Q Timing belt work

S4_dan

Fire up the Quattro!
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Hi,

New owner of an A4 Avant, 2.5Q SE. The car has been maintained regardless of cost as is lovely. It is due a service soon though.

The timing belt is also due. It's nearly completed 70k and 5 years life span.

For the change do i really need to replace EVERYTHING? Water pump etc? As that was changed before with the belts.

Where is the best place to buy the kits to do this job?

I've done a cambelt job on my old 2.8 V6 A4, are they similar to do?

Cheers,

Dan

I would ask Adamss24 to do it for you. V6 tdi guru! He's done thousands of them incl mine!

Reactions: BRILLO
I would buy the lot to be fair - including the water-pump.
It would be an utter pain to strip it down again if the waterpump failed / started leaking - may aswell get it done whilst everything's off!

Any ideas on best place to buy all the kit apart from dealer?

I seem to remember there was a german site where you could buy the kits, genuine parts, at reasonable prices but can't find the site.

Dan

Euro Car parts, i would get a genuine thermostat, make sure you also change belt tensioner. All together comes to about £300 in parts if memory serves me correctly......

Any ideas on best place to buy all the kit apart from dealer?

I seem to remember there was a german site where you could buy the kits, genuine parts, at reasonable prices but can't find the site.

Dan

I got my replacement camshafts and all belts as a kit from a German ebay seller "autosmotocraft" - good seller and quick delivery.
This is the complete cambelt kit he offers, including all the auxilary belts (be sure to check your engine code is listed);

COMPLETE VW AUDI 2.5 TDI TIMING BELTS & MULTIRIB BELTS KIT VW PASSAT CAM BELT A6 | eBay