Avant rear bumper removal.

quattrojames

Staff member
Reaction score
I'm hoping to swap my lower rear valance this week, to one with exhaust cut outs. I've got the Elsawin guide, but just wondered from anyone who had done it what sort of job it was, and how long I should expect it to take?

I have the same job coming up too. I have removed the rear bumper before when fitting my tow bar and to be honest the biggest job is removing all the panels in the boot. Once all the boot panels are out its easy to access the bolts. I'd give 4 hours or so to complete the job.

"luckily" I took the boot trim out last week to take out the alarm siren.... So at least I'm familiar with doing that!

Wasn't a bad job, probably took me just over two hours, including washing behind the bumper, and hoovering the spare wheel well etc.

I think it looks good, I hope my new tips come soon! I didn't realise how weedy the 2.5 tips looked when visible! 89mm tips are due Wed/Thur I hope.

This is a 90mm spray bottle, gives an idea of the new tips. I think 100mm looks too big on the standard bumper.

The shame!

Just the lower valance, they're exchangable, but you need the bumper off to do it.

looking good

Thank you, I bought it from another forum member back in the summer. I think they're in the region of £80-100 from a dealer.

Looking good James, can't wait to see it with new tips, mine are 90mm in my s-line rear and think it looks about right,by the way what rear wiper arm are you using with that aero blade on it?
Thanks,Matt

Looks great-ish ;) will look superb when the bigger tips arrive. I always wanted to do this mod on mine...but I ended up buying a b5. :)

Don't forget to post an updated pic when the new tips arrive.

Looks great, now can't wait to get my new bumper painted and fitted up. Here's how it looks at the moment (need some parking sensors or grommets to blank off the holes).

1e0efb02c962a89e969907df9b0d5bde.jpg

Looks great, now can't wait to get my new bumper painted and fitted up. Here's how it looks at the moment (need some parking sensors or grommets to blank off the holes).

1e0efb02c962a89e969907df9b0d5bde.jpg
Mine cane with sensor holes also, i just got the painter to fill them first.

Got the car back, the tips look ok. I think. I need a bit of time to get used to it! They stick out more than I had in mind, they recommended this to help keep the soot off the back end a bit. The nearside needs raising just a touch, which I hope I can do by manipulating the exhaust hanger tomorrow. Just a few quick pics.

You can see it's a bit low in the first pic.

they look good

i would have had them further in and a touch higher

I can adjust them to a certain extent through bending the hanger bracket.

Sorted the tips today, levelled them up, and pulled them into the car a bit. I'm a lot happier now, I really like them.

Reactions: archemist and Sandra
Looks great James. You've just helped me decide on my new exhaust I'm Getting fitted next week on my tqs. I'll also be going for 3.5 inches or 89mm if you prefer.
Thanks

Reactions: quattrojames
^^^^^^^ same here. Looks great, and now I know what size tail pipes to order.

Very nice James, good choice on the tips they look spot on! :)

James

Not been around for quite a while - been busy with the two other hobbies (my old 968 and Bicycles and kids and summer juggling)

But really pleased you got the valance and presumably it fitted ok.

It really looks the biz m8 - a brilliant idea especially on a dolphin car as it's nearly colour coded:whistle2:

Seriously - it looks superb with the tips too.

BW
And

*** all you lads putting new valances on lol, adding things to my list of jobs ha!

Looks great James