Dodgy boot lock

bradh

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Hi chaps some times it take one push others several push's to get my boot to latch its as if its bouncing out the lock

Any idea on what I need to replace / change to fix this issues please as it's quite annoying when tipping it down and I'm getting wet lol

A4 estate ;)

also some times when the boot is actually shut the dash lights up with the boot open section flashing at me could this be connected?

I had the same bother there's a small switch inside the lock which goes. I've just replaced mine with a new latch mechanism for under £30 from Audi. Well worth it as gets stressful when it doesn't shut and just bounces.

Do you have the part number for that?

Mine does the same, if I shut it and it makes the non-shutting clunk sound, I wait for the electric noise to finish, it then shuts fine. But would prefer a solution to it

I had same problem during winter, wd40 on the latch and trigger solved it for me mate, might be worth a try before replacing parts.

When you ring your dealer for the part give them you reg number and they'll get a part number from there. I never even looked elsewhere as dealer wasn't expensive.

thanks guys ill try wd40 but think ill be ringing the dealers too if its only £30 notes :)