Tyre size question on 19 inch rim!

glenandem

Reaction score
Hi guys I got 225 35 19s currently on my avant and have been offered a couple of 235 35 19 cheap and was wondering would the difference of them being ever so slightly wider make a difference, I imagine I wouldn't hardly notice anything and I'm thinking the widened tyre might not look as stretched and help protect the edge of the rim too?
what u guys think?

What width are the rims? - Im guessing you shouldn't have any issues, but yeah the tyres wont look as stretched.

I have 235's on my 19" wheels and they are fine - they don't scrape even with a 40mm drop.
Can post up a photo if you like?

I only ever run 235-35/19 on my Avant. The actual width of the tyre varies slightly depending on manufacturer. The last set of tyres I had had a really stretched look to them but the replacement Kenda tyres I have are pretty much flush with the rim.

Excellent,the 225s seen to look thin width wise and especially being 35 profile too so the rims take a right battering, I only refurbed them a year ago but I do drive like a nob on the curbs etc!!!
think I'll get the 235 then as they seem cheaper generally compared to 225s?
any pics would be great too pal

Here's a pic of my 235-35/19 Kenda tyres on 9.5" wide BBS LM reps.

0f80a368eadf89df066655faeca47b21.jpg

and here are the old Autogrip 235-35/19 tyres on the same wheels. (And a nice kerb dent)

b414cac95b290897b3a1aef0c47f4eb2.jpg

As you can see the same size tyres but both different widths, go figure.

cant quite remember but im certain my rims are 8.5's in width,i just want a bit more cussion for the rim edges an also 235s are coming cheaper than 225s in price so think ill give them a go!

ok guys got the 235's fitted today, £80 for two part worn dunlops with about 6-7mm on!
thought that was a good price,anyway they seem to sit closer to the rim giving it a cussion sort of,just need to do rears now when theyve worn dow as theyre quite well treaded at mo!

Also depends on the offset. We have 245/35/19 as they are even cheaper