Meh problems

Stu-pid

Reaction score
Right then this weekend I fitted my new control arms and hid's in the process I found my plenum had some water in but not alot so I took out the grommets. Now when I turn my headlights on I get my dash looking like a Christmas tree. The abs light comes on flashing brake on the dis traction control light on. But all ok until I turn the lights on. It still drives fine. Any ideas or do I need to get it on vag com to have a look at it

The warning lights are a well documented issue. It's the ballasts on you your HIDs. I can't rememember the reason they cause it, but do a search on google or this forum for it and you'll find loads of threads.

The warning lights are a well documented issue. It's the ballasts on you your HIDs. I can't rememember the reason they cause it, but do a search on google or this forum for it and you'll find loads of threads.

That sounds more like because if I turn the lights on then start the engine I get no lights at all

its the ballast
either cheap crap
or its to close to the abs unit on the passanger side

Probably cheap, I've got them mounted under the headlight.

It was the passenger side one that was causing problems as I tested them as I was removing them from the car. Sold them to a mate at work for his mondy st