Sky InsuranceChris Nott
    alcoholic pervert

Status

Bodywork advice pls - had a little accident!

My Akoya silver Avant decided to roll away after I'd parked it on a steep hill yesterday, and it knocked over a wall.

It needs a new front wing, bonnet and bumper which I'm getting done through the insurance.

Given that it's a pretty old car now is it likely that newly painted panels will match the old ones? Also should I assume they'll use genuine panels or should I ask?

2. # ADS
    ADS

2nd Gear

Status
    if it's done a good place then they will blend in the new paint. My car has had quite a few bits done but unless you were a painter you wouldn't notice.

Off the shelf audi colours probably won't match anymore.

I used a mobile guy to touch up a few bits on mine and he got the colour match fine.

Modern places use electronic gizmos to match paint, and mix the colour automatically. I'm told that with metallic paint some of the colour scanners can even see through the different layers of paint and make the right mixes to match the graduation of the colours perfectly, had the mrs's old boxster done by a place that had one and it was amazing!

1st Gear

Status
    You could match the paint exact made, but if the prep work is crap and the the painter is rubbish you will see it.
    (painter by trade)
    your insurance company will 9/10 time take it to a reputable place and use genuine parts, and have a good quality of repair.

dont worry about though mate. It might not even need blending. I painted my sline front bumper in my back yard this summer, and just flattened the bonnet, and wings the match. Can't even tell its been done.
    03 Mig blue 1.9tdi 130 saloon:- GMBH front, dark tints all round, fk coilovers,
    BMW TIGERCLAWS 19" 9j front + 10j rear, debadged rear. HIDs 6k, egr delete
    cominig soon:- votex rear,front end respray, parrot kit, remap, full paint correction

1st Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Add bradh on Facebook
    if ur insurance company is paying for the work just remember u can say thats not right as many times as u want as they have to put it back in the condition it was in prior to smash wont cost u any extra to say ur not happy with the work

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by bradh View Post
    if ur insurance company is paying for the work just remember u can say thats not right as many times as u want as they have to put it back in the condition it was in prior to smash wont cost u any extra to say ur not happy with the work

+1 mate. Agreed.
    B6 S4 4.2L V8 Cabriolet Black Manual Quad Milltek Non Res

2nd Gear

Status
    My akoya silver audi just came back today from panel craft and its a perfect match would never notice its had work! Its a 04 plate, as long as the insurance company use a decent garage your ok! I chose my own garage and got them to supply a quote to the insurance as i no this particular garage was tops!
    2004 audi a4 s line 1.8t bex 242bhp dynoed
    Mods: bsr optiflow kit, forge diverter valve, custom turbo back exhaust, custom 200 cell cat, DGR coilovers, forge tip, s3/tt 386cc injectors, boost gauge, revo stage 2, 12mm rear spacers, rear window extension spoiler
    To come: big brake setup... Getting there!!
    boats and hoesss, boats and hoesss

2nd Gear

Status
    That's good to hear.
    B6 S4 4.2L V8 Cabriolet Black Manual Quad Milltek Non Res

I am WOLF.......

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by tom2 View Post
    Off the shelf audi colours probably won't match anymore.

I used a mobile guy to touch up a few bits on mine and he got the colour match fine.

Modern places use electronic gizmos to match paint, and mix the colour automatically. I'm told that with metallic paint some of the colour scanners can even see through the different layers of paint and make the right mixes to match the graduation of the colours perfectly, had the mrs's old boxster done by a place that had one and it was amazing!
    Good advice,they dont!I had some mixed to the correct paint code but its not excactly right........i can live with it though.