Not a good week.

palfy86

Reaction score
This week has been a mare for my 1.9TDI 130. Tuesday saw the end of the alternator clutch pulley so went to see the audi indy wednesday morning and they confirmed this but cant get me in till a week this saturday. Is it ok to keep driving i asked and they said yeah it'll just be noisy and may feel notchy in the steering.
This evenings commute home from work, the air con doesnt work, this morning it worked fine, nice and cold but now its not getting cold at all. When i press the ECON button i can hear the tempo of air change etc but no cold air.

Can this be related to the faulty alternator pulley, the systems running on the same belt and its simply slipping on the air con compressor? (im no mechanic by any stretch of the imagination.)

Help please guys.

yes mines a seperate belt to ran from the crank with a seperate tentioner. Its just odd how the noise has come along then 24 hours my air con stop working.

To be honest its p**sed me right off, just spent xxx amount on a detail and this happens lol damn thing. Ive purchased a genuine Overrun pulley for the alternator and a pair of new belts. Its parked up for the rest of the week now until saturday when i take it too the indy.