MAF Sensor Quick Question

joegraham

Reaction score
Hi

Replacing my MAF sensor on my 2001 1.8T and the new MAF has 5 pins in the connection however the plug on my loom only has 4 bronze connections, the car is running bad aswell, it will idle fine however under power the car bogs down and splutters.

I have looked online but cant find a definitive answer, have I got the wrong MAF and should I try and get a 4 pin one?

Thanks

Joe

You have the wrong MAF. Get a genuine VAG or Bosch MAF as aftermarket MAF's rarely work properly. Buy cheap buy twice is the rule with all VAG engine sensors.
The VAG 1.8t's will run on default settings if the MAF is unplugged, which is why it's a way of diagnosing a goosed MAF.

You have the wrong MAF. Get a genuine VAG or Bosch MAF as aftermarket MAF's rarely work properly. Buy cheap buy twice is the rule with all VAG engine sensors.
The VAG 1.8t's will run on default settings if the MAF is unplugged, which is why it's a way of diagnosing a goosed MAF.

The Maf I got was a Bosch exchange unit (part no. 434440750), can anyone confirm this is the correct part no. for an a 2001 B6 1.8T? And as they have already sent my MAF away as I exchanged it straight away so I cant look at that for a part no. etc.

The plug on the loom fit the connection on the sensor however the sensor had 5 pins.