Air is just not cold

lol yes i have owners book but my god how flipping confusing hence why i googled it and got 2 different answers some saying temp low/18 and auto on some saying auto off middle vents on with it set low/18 as well

also while im thinking when auto or middle vent is selected the fan does not turn on, and the aircon pump will this be a clutch system on the front or will it be internal?? cars a 53 plate if that helps

Mine's a 53 plate. I leave it on auto 90% of the time. Set it to "lo" and it produces cold air from the centre vents, with the fan at full power. I'll occasionally then override manually to reduce the fan speed. Likewise, at 18, if the car is really hot then the system will produce cold air with full fan initially and then reduce fan power as required. Generally it settles to 2 or 3 bars on the display. That's what it did this afternoon, with air temp of around 22 degree and the car having been standing in the sun all morning.

If yours in doing likewise then I'm guessing something's fecked, but I'm afraid I can't give any more suggestions as to what that might be. I understand that auto will direct air as necessary btw - certainly it pushes warm air to the footwells in winter quite nicely. HIH - Mike.

My low setting is 16 degrees on my 2004, but have heard there are two versions of low settings.

Can't add any more to what has been said but the b6 does take a couple of mins to get chilly on mine but it is not freezing like standard/non climate control aircon

sweeeeeeet jesus its cold in my car :) its fixed there was a nats nacker to little pressure in the system to the chap drained injected dye and re filled to correct level and it worked he thinks there could be a very very very small leak hence why the dye was added so ill be keeping an eye on it but its cold freeeeeezing cold yay

Hhmmmm................ cough, cough.

It almost sounds like your going a very long way round checking why your a/c isn't working.

After all of this work, I'm assuming you've tried the most obvious and had the system re-charged.

LOL...... Glad you got it sorted.

Jim

yea i know but what threw it was the error i was getting from a dicky sensor that i replaced the other week, chap did say it was only a nats dinky below the recommend level, so your mind sort of goes mental as to what could be wrong lol

any ways its fixed so ones happy and cold !