Alarm siren sounding.

quattrojames

Staff member
Reaction score
When I shut the tailgate this morning, the alarm went off, Locking/unlocking it didn't stop it, and it get going even when I started the car! Luckily, after four cycles it stopped, and seemed fine afterwards. Locked the car at work and all was fine, but then the exact same thing happened when I cam to go home. As it coincided with closing the boot, I wondered if it was maybe a microswitch, or tailgate hinge wiring issue, but I seemed unable to replicate it.

A scan showed code 01134

[h=2]01134 - Alarm Horn (H12)[/h] [h=3]01134 - Alarm Horn (H12): No Signal/Communication[/h] [h=4]Possible Symptoms[/h]
  • Anti-Theft Alarm sporadically triggered
[h=4]Possible Causes[/h]
  • Fuse(s) faulty
  • Wiring and/or Connector(s) from/to Alarm Horn (H12) faulty
  • Alarm Horn (H12) faulty
[h=4]Possible Solutions[/h]
  • Check Fuse(s)
  • Check Wiring and/or Connector(s) from/to Alarm Horn (H12)
  • Check/Replace Alarm Horn (H12)

Then halfway through the evening it starts randomly going off and won't stop at all, so I remove the siren from the car. Tomorrow, I'll cut it open and see what's inside. Possibly just the batteries have gone, but I haven't had any of the telltale three beeps etc. Maybe the batteries have just leaked and killed the PCB.

I'm assuming it's not a microswitch as nothing is showing on the scan, and the DIS shows the boot as shut, and presumably the siren would stop when you disarmed the car?

Anything else I'm missing?

James

Sounds like the siren could be a good place to start. Working with pcbS daily I know first hand they can do some very funny things when faulty😡😡

Hope you sort it

Mark

Sounds like leaking batteries in the siren module to me. I had the same thing on an A3 Quattro a few years ago.

Both correct.

Batteries have leaked and killed the PCB. Interesting that I never had the three beep low battery warning from the siren.

Replacement siren seems to be £40 ish used from ebay, so could have been worse.

August13002_zpsa10508e9.jpg

I didn't get the 3 beeps warning either, just the neighbours raising a lynch mob.

Luckily B6 sirens are so quiet no one really hears them anyway...

Reactions: deano1978
Mine has done this in the last week. Not had a proper look but i guess it is this as it no longer beeps when activated.

Interesting. Glad you sorted it. Guess its something else that we all have to expect will pack up eventually. Lol