Rattle IN rear bumper

GeoffDunk

Reaction score
Website
www.gdluxurytransport.co.uk
When I slam the boot lid of my 2003 S4 saloon there is a loud rattle coming from the inside/behind the rear bumper on the right hand side almost under the rear lights but not quite that far over. Does anyone else get this or had this?

Just thougth I'd ask before I remove the bumper to find out what it is. While I have the bumper off the rear parking sensors while be fitted.

Merely a guess, but I'd put money on someone having dropped the bolt which secures the taillight cluster into the cavity.

Reactions: spartacus 68
Check the exhaust heat shield. Mine started rattling after a while, it seemed to have corroded where the bolt holds it onto the chassis

I would check the numberplate, mine rattles when I close the boot.

Cheers cnut, checked that and replaced the plate recently and have put pads on the back just incase it rattled, but it ddoesn't. The rattle is deff coming from behind the bumper, could be the heat shields as said by alpesh26 but will have to check.

Cheers guys!

Yeah I meant the one on the rear back box(es), I temporarily fixed it by bending it so it wouldn't touch anything, then when I fitted my rarb I repaired it properly whilst it was on ramps.