Noise issues - dash, steering & gearbox

Quattro180

Reaction score
2004 Audi a4 avant 1.9tdi 130

1. When steering is on full lock I get a squealing noise from the engine bay similar to this Mazda 3 2008 weird sound at steering full lock - YouTube
this only happens when engine is ticking over, when rpm is increase the squealing disappears. The tensioner has been replaced around 5k miles ago

2. The dash beep no longer works - everything else seems to be working perfectly. Very annoying as I keep on leaving the lights on!!

3. I recently had the clutch replaced but ever since I have had a strange humming/vibration only when the car is engine braking down a steep hill or at high revs coming down through the gears. I spoke to my mechanic about this and he said that it isn't something I should worry about - so just trying to get some backup before I go back to him.

any help or advice would be much appreciated.

the steering noise is the pump complaining , it warns you in the manual not to keep the steering loaded on lock for more than 10 seconds as it can damage the seals

no , check the fluid level and check what fluid is actually in there and make sure its the proper stuff

try not to work the pump on full lock too much and if you have to then brief periods only