Pre-cat strip out mod (piggie)?

Main one is it sounds great. It's doable diy justvwith a decent selection of tools inc extensions to facilitate access.

Main one is it sounds great. It's doable diy justvwith a decent selection of tools inc extensions to facilitate access.

Cheers for the speedy reply, do you have any more details or do you know of a how to guide anywhere?

If the motor is breathing better does it change the torque curve and if so, in which way?

Want to do mine as well, but I have a tiptronic, which doesnt seem to have any guides for.

Yes

I did mine which is a tiptronic a while back
Main benefits are increase in torque and increase in power
Most noticeable differances are the responsiveness of the engine ie. How quickly it revs
And the increase in noise ... Not everyone wants this as when combined with a non resonated exhaust
The car drones badly

You also have to be aware of the check engine light , which will come on after roughly 30-40 miles
Both the methods described in the american threads didnt work
And the only alternative was to program them out

The job itself will take some time as accessing the manifolds is not a 2 minute job
I did mine on my driveway but i wouldnt advise doing this on axle stands and you need clearance to get the cats out and away from the car

You also have to be aware of the check engine light , which will come on after roughly 30-40 miles
Both the methods described in the american threads didnt work
And the only alternative was to program them out

Could you explain a bit more please, can this be done with VCDS or is a 3rd party required?

No im afraid this cannot be programmed out with vcds
Basically the car will throw a check engine light every 10 miles or so
As the pre cats deal with the extra fuel thats put in at start up
Once you remove the pre cats , the ecu realises that the fuel trim isnt working correctly
And throws a code up
The only way thats guarenteed to work is to remove the lines of code