Audi Avant rusty front wings

Mothy69

in gear but clutch slipping
Reaction score
fellas - i'm back in the audi gang with an a4 avant 2.5tdi (180) on 03 plate. I've bought it with some bubbling on the front wings, which I was aware of at the time of buying..

1st'ly what do you think my chances are of getting audi to help with their 12 yr anti corrosion warranty? (i'm 3rd owner & last had since 2006 & has been independent garage maintained since then)

& 2nd'ly where have you all bought front wings from (audi or oem) & how much have you paid (with or without spraying). Have you got any links to suppliers you've used or experiences of doing them worth sharing. I cant seem to find any on line other than ebay or patent parts which I don't want

I don't want to tidy up & spray the existing ones as it will just come back

thanks for any advice & input

I've just had mine done, 2 new wings and a new tailgate, Audi paid 70% so cost me £632

I had both front wings replaced with new OE ones and painted a couple of months ago. From my experience the anti corrosion warranty doesn't seem to be of much help with the rusty wings but others may have had better luck. The work was carried out by a great bodyshop in Sussex, PM me if you like for more details.

Rjm - I'll pm you later thanks

I'm still interested to hear from others who have changed front wings.

Where you got them from (links), what do you think of the fit & paint colour match etc.

Thanks

I replaced my front passenger wing after getting my drivers done through insurance after someone kindly ran into my misses so the other side was letting the car down. I priced a oem part from TPS and it was 170 plus vat just for the wing so I offer for an insurance approved wing from euro car parts and it fits and looks spot on Im sure it's not as good as a Audi wing but it will probably last me for the time I'll have my car.

Where were they from paul? Breakers?

My wings aren't bad (yet) but deffo when I get this done I will be having new wings + bumper & bonnet resprayed & Ive a small dent in drivers door which can't be pdr'd so that'll be filled & blended in. May as well do front nearside too.. wings will be painted inside too & heavily waxoyl'd