2 aerial amplifiers

vwgtiking

Reaction score
I have fitted an aftermarket head unit and an aerial amplifier. It works but 2 main stations I listen too have some distortion would it be ok and help to amplify if I install a 2nd aerial amplifier in line of each other??

Why do you need aerial amplifiers at all?

Where have you connected the existing amplifiers to? The B6 has a diversity system, the ISO and the fakra cables connect to a diversity box in the back of the car. Connecting amps to those wires will not help, you really need to send phantom power down the cables to fix the original signal.

The oem stereos have amplifier built in? The aftermarket HU do not? I don't fakra only the std aerial connection.

Before installing the pc5-52 I had no stations and after fitting I have most but 2 still fuzzy.

I did have this wire lying around which isn't connected to anything???

null_zps3f17881e.jpg

The factory HU in the B6 use a diversity system, so they communicate with the diversity system over the two antenna wires, the one in your hand being the ZF part of the HF/ZF setup of the diversity system.

I would certainly get a phantom power adaptor for the antenna connected before I did anything. Use that in the HF cable to send +12v down the wire.

Hi Craig. I don't understand. Where should this be connected? Also I originally had my symphony 2 system with full reception without this ZF wire connected, and then i plugged in my new HU with no reception until I installed the pc5-52.

diversity box is underneath the left rear trim panel in the back of the car
just underneath the window height

How do I phantom power it on? Have you seen the pc5-52 amplifier cable? As I say it works and just wondering if I should add a 2nd to boost it further?

I don't think they do the same, the latter is not an amplifier. It's just a feed. You need to find out if the one you have actually amplifies or not.

Without phantom power to the OE amplifiers they may well attenuate the signal more than any amplifier you add could compensate for.

Like s8craig says, fit a phantom power adapter - that's all you need to do.