Hazard triangle on

andy.l

Reaction score
Help please, my battery on my '51 A4 avant has been drained flat by something, I've charged and got the car going again but the hazard triangle in the centre of the dash is lot constantly (dimmed) is this correct or is this what's draining my battery?

please help

It should go out after approx 30 seconds, are you saying it doesn't?

Yes it's staying on, car running or when I've switched off and locked

Ok,ive read these through thank you. But im a complete numpty with car mechanics so im still running around like a headless chicken here

You'll probably need to take it in somewhere then, from memory it was the convenience module at fault in those threads. Have you checked the carpet is dry under the passenger seat?

Hi,yes ive just checked that,the carpet is bone dry. Ive rang Audi now and theyre going to book it in to look at it,its an expense I can do without really,and theres no saying that the battery wont go flat again in the meantime :(

Hi,yes ive just checked that,the carpet is bone dry. Ive rang Audi now and theyre going to book it in to look at it,its an expense I can do without really,and theres no saying that the battery wont go flat again in the meantime :(

Does it have to go to an Audi dealer? You probably can't avoid some expense, but can possibly keep the bill down by taking it to a reputable independent garage.

Well that was fun. Audi have now booked in the car,the Triangle flasher unit is £98.39, a diagnostic to see if it is the unit is £139,having the cambelt,water pump and Aux belt changed at the same time aswell now,so another 1k spent on the car :(

I hope its all worth it

Well that was fun. Audi have now booked in the car,the Triangle flasher unit is £98.39, a diagnostic to see if it is the unit is £139,having the cambelt,water pump and Aux belt changed at the same time aswell now,so another 1k spent on the car :(

I hope its all worth it

I repeat, you can probably save a lot of money (labour rates in particular) by using an independent garage.