Electrical Help B6 Avant - Central Locking / Windows

marco-polo

Reaction score
Hi all,
Newby post on this forum - Just sourced myself an 1.9TDi SE avant a little while back and swore blind I was going to keep it 'standard'. Two months on and things are changing as per the norm, wheels have arrived, coilovers on order and the interior is switched out for a leather S4 number.... It's still somewhere near standard in my mind!...
Any how, my issue is this - Just before switching the interior the windows worked fine with just the odd moment where it may take two or three attempts at getting the one touch working. Now I've switched the interior over the windows no longer work and neither does the central locking - the drivers door has to be locked with the key.....
The interior I've put in has extra puddle lights on all four door cards compaired to the original interior, so i'm assuming the modules need re-programing via vagcom to recognise the new lights. Am I right in thinking this? and would this effect the locking as well as the windows?
I've hooked it up and run a full fault check but nothing came up other than the coolant temp sensor which I changed, cleared the code and ran another check - but nothing....
Will I need to change the door modules for one which has the puddle light prgram or maybe just ditch the lights and put the old door looms in which dont have these on?
Can anyone shed any light on the way forward or give me any clue as to what codes to try with vagcom to rectify.
Cheers in advance

Marc

check the loom between door and car

pull rubber back and check for broken wires very common on the B6 B7 range

the puddles wont affect the locking and windows
and yes you can code them via vcds

check the loom between door and car

pull rubber back and check for broken wires very common on the B6 B7 range

Cheers dude.
Just got the rubber off and the thick brown wire had gone.
Soldered it back together but still got the same issues......
Baffled is the word

take a very close look if the brown was broke chances are 1 or 2 of the thin wires are aswell

they break but still look ok check them 1 by 1 any with a small slit etc pull on them they break inside and look ok still
are the mirrors working ?

I'm on it again tonight, so I'll check the other wires and see how it goes.
No nothing operable from the drivers door works, i.e. locking, windows, mirrors. The central locking still works on the other doors & boot though....

My boot keeps opening when I drive my b6 avant can anyone help don't think it's electrical . Do I need a new latch ? Thanks ( not completely just to the safety position )

also pull the multiplug out and check the pins mine had broke in there as well as the wiring!!

I ended up having to cut the plug out and joining the wires as a temp fix 3 years ago.....its still like it now :lmfao:

Managed to sort it - broken brown wire, broken green & red wire and broken pins in the multiplug.....
Cheers for your input guys, I now have doors that lock and windows that oen & close again.
It feels like I've got a new motor!...

Reactions: pink.teg